blocked vpn needed

A vpn is very heavy on processors that may or may not be the issue. Using a VPN will certinaly slow down your speeds to varying degrees up to as much as 50% . So if you have slow speeds in the first place becareful who is online while watching IPTV. Another option is to bite the bullett and buy a android box. Although people use enigma boxes for IPTV some with no pronblems they were never designed for IPTV specailly the lower end ones. If you look at most of the posts with problems they are mainly enigma boxes.
Hi 50% reduction in speed would be like a dream for me. On a speed test (star h1) i get around 35 mb dl speed . With a vpn connected that drops to around 3 sometimes 4 mb(very rarely tho). i always did wonder if vpns were heavy on resource ,esp on older machines. Yes you absolutely right about enigma boxes not being suited for iptv, but to be fair my zgemma box has ,and is totally fine when no blocks are in place(like now). No buffering,lagging when changing channels , 1080 Fhd Vods are great. Occasionally it crashes,but thats to be expected . I am looking to buy a firestick 4k, and waiting for the next black Friday event which is about 6 weeks away and i will also read up on android boxes as i know nothing about it,except they cost around 30 quid upwards.
Interesting article DNat7, but not surprising at all, also handy to know how to change my Dns if i need to
Thanks

Hi 50% reduction in speed would be like a dream for me. On a speed test (star h1) i get around 35 mb dl speed . With a vpn connected that drops to around 3 sometimes 4 mb(very rarely tho). i always did wonder if vpns were heavy on resource ,esp on older machines. Yes you absolutely right about enigma boxes not being suited for iptv, but to be fair my zgemma box has ,and is totally fine when no blocks are in place(like now). No buffering,lagging when changing channels , 1080 Fhd Vods are great. Occasionally it crashes,but thats to be expected . I am looking to buy a firestick 4k, and waiting for the next black Friday event which is about 6 weeks away and i will also read up on android boxes as i know nothing about it,except they cost around 30 quid upwards.
Interesting article DNat7, but not surprising at all, also handy to know how to change my Dns if i need to
Thanks
It depends which VPN you use aswell for me nord actually speeds up my connection for some strange reason however, the ping rate is very high so slows down channel zapping. I use PIA which i do loose around 40 -50 meg but channel zapping is still instant. i suppose i am lucky i can afford to loose 50 meg and it dose not cause me or the family any issues.

I use surfshark and Nord both good, Nord better for speeds, surfshark for the number of devices. Like people have said alot depends on the device it's on good speeds with a fire TV, max about 10meg on a gl.inet mango router from a 76meg connection, use them because handy between mag/enigma/smart tv

I have a Friend that when the blocks come on for example Man UTD VS Tottenham it's only the UK Channels that are blocked. All other channels work fine. Is this a common occurrence for some people or is it a complete blackout for some when there is something major going on?

My VPN recommends using a UK OVPN server it has 54 to choose from and claims that if one goes down it will be replaced by another within 15 minutes of being notified. Not the cheapest VPN but has been flawless in the couple of weeks I've had it. I'm using a VPN router which in my limited experience is ten times better than the VPN apps I've ever used .can't notice any drop in performance on any device .

My VPN recommends using a UK OVPN server it has 54 to choose from and claims that if one goes down it will be replaced by another within 15 minutes of being notified. Not the cheapest VPN but has been flawless in the couple of weeks I've had it. I'm using a VPN router which in my limited experience is ten times better than the VPN apps I've ever used .can't notice any drop in performance on any device .
What device you using to watch?

Doing it every weekend like clockwork plus Champs League midweek, so in the immortal words of LL Cool J and LeShaun, they going to keep 'Doin it and doin it and doin it well'.

Thats a load of crap I'm with sly and wasn't blocked!!!! You will find it's vm end users that are affected most
Yeah baz I'm with virmin up in Scotland, no block, that's not to say it won't happen, but the lass supplying my iptv switched to a new app and told us just to change it to France if they start enforcing the ruling, the vpn switch to a different country in most cases should get round it..

Don't think there's too many people up here where I'm from who are being blocked that I know of anyway. Touch wood I've not just jinxed it. :sunglasses:

Back