blocked vpn needed

Is it just the main ISP's introducing these blocks? My mate is on a lesser known ISP and he hasn't experienced any of the blocking problems this weekend.

Between mine and a 2 nieghbour friends we have 5-6 different subs and not all from the same gaff, but yesterday it all just went potty.

Most wouldnt clear or connect at all then when (when football was on). At home we used either KeepSolid or Nord. Both eventually randomly cleared but this was like after like a minute of waiting but regular froze but later on it all went back to normal.

What I want to know is, what are the powers that be doing that allows them to block even with decent VPN's running at my end and is there anything I can do to counter act it ?.

I did some checks later on using a Fire 4k connected via ethernet and checking speeds using Nord-KeepSolid and speed checker Analiti (doesnt sound right I know).
Some results were surprising. When selecting optimum with KeepSolid on a few occasions I never got above 3mbps. As soon as I turned it off wooooosh 90 odd meg.
Nord faired better selecting certain countries Belguim Holland Germany France but still Germany on a few occasions for instance speed dropped to 3mbps when I let it choose it's own.
I was testing this while I was struggling to get a connection when the football was on, well, not on I should say.
So again, could there be a bottle necking going on at peak football times with VPN companies ?.
Another thing, would using USA servers help?, I heard they have less restrictions.

Any thoughts on this please post. I'm no techy professor on the subject of IPTV far far from it, I'm just trying to figure out the best option configuration for it all to watch live games.

Just another thought my provider is stating that they are trying to control these blocks when they occur, could this be the cause of the freezing etc. when using a vpn?

I see that $15 KeepSolid VPN has sold out only 10 connections options left, no voucher as well so its now $59

Oh and, are there any settings within KeepSolid or Nord I should change ?
I have been using Nord for a while now and I use a 4k firestick hardwired(ethernet) I use a UK server(London nearest to me) and without VPN I get a 75mb download with VPN active I get 65 or 69mb download this as been tested using various speed checkers as they are known to be not all accurate so this is an average speed across the board if I was to use Wi Fi my speed drops to anything between 15 to 22mb plus I disabled my ISPS safe option(it is called several things by differing ISP's) I also changed my ISP's DNS within my router as that was known to cause conflict along with their Remote Manager another possible conflict.:sunglasses:

How do you hardwire a firestick?

My speed on Virgin (100mb) connection

NO VPN

Chromebook wifi - 110!
Phone Wifi - 54
IPTV on wifi - 24

Using VPN:
IPTV on wifi - Netherlands setting - 13.45
Oher European nations are 10-11.2 speed

Any tips?

Back