cable boxes

right start here box for viewing only= 1 tuner.
want to record and view = twin tuner cable box
you have a sat dish and want cable also = combo-sat + cable tuners
want to record sat and cable = quad tuner box usually 2 sat + 2 cable tuners.

all the better quality boxes are enigma2/linux and can run openvix image.
line can be known as a sub/gift of opening encrypted channels,from 1 month to a year.

have just bought a miracle box mini+ think that's only 1 tuner I think
my line for this, does it have to be from an irish seller and can you recommend someone

1 tuner

I'm getting confused messages. People are saying that there is no twin cable tuner box on the market(I want to be able to record one channel and watch another at the same time) but when looking at specs it seems the Xtrend et8000 would do this? Can anyone clarify? I don't have a satellite line and not interested in watching IPTV in order to record a cable channel.

Thanks in advance.
Muley

Xtrend ET8000 2x DVBC/T/T2 + 1x DVB-S2 COMBO Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready

I went for

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready

It's a bit more expensive but I have set up quite a few Miracleboxes and generally people who have them are happy.

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready

They are also doing this duel cable tuner "only" box, so you end up paying for a sat tuner which you may not use.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll look at the miracle boxes now. I don't mind having the sat tuner. Do you need to splitter and the Vermin cables for the tuners on the trend or miracle boxes?

Just spotted this

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready

duel cable tuner "only" box, so you don't end up paying for a sat tuner which you may not use.

Yes you will need a two way or three way splitter, two feeds to the box and one feed to your router
depending on your set up.

I have a 2 way splitter for the box and a separate feed to my router in a different room

Last edited:
Nothing, they are pretty much the same spec, I know Miraclebox use Samsung tuners and the
picture quality is spot on that's why I tend to use them

yes the xtrend 8000 is great look at the different links on wos as each has a different tuner setup like 2 sat 1 cable or 2 cable and 1 sat,if you dont want/need a sat tuner you dont have to get one.internal hdd 1 tb ? and get a kingston 8gb usb stick.

Help

yes the xtrend 8000 is great look at the different links on wos as each has a different tuner setup like 2 sat 1 cable or 2 cable and 1 sat,if you dont want/need a sat tuner you dont have to get one.internal hdd 1 tb ? and get a kingston 8gb usb stick.

I haven't a clue what to do with this machine. Just scanned it and zero channels came back. And downloaded the mgcamd plugin and its saying No config files found. Stumped!

Hi all, thanks for the thread lots of box's to choose from, possibly too much choice :willy nilly:.

I currently have a A850 and now the service has died I am looking for a new box as my HDMI port doesn't work. I'm looking for a cable box that offers good quality HD pictures to get a similar, if not better, experience than the A850 which served me well. Your suggestions on a box and where I can purchase one from would be wonderful?

Also if anyone can give guidance on selecting a line provider, roughly what would the cost be for a line?

Cheers

Cheers

the 850 is a hd box so you need the latest newcamd file from downloads then add a cable paid server to your box to regain channels.is your hdmi port dead,as you have retried with a different cable when box is powered off?

Hi mate, hdmi deffo dead, you tried helping me with this on kryptview . I got an up scaler which did a job but I'd possibly like to use this as an excuse to get a better box, can you use the same sever details across different box's? If I was to get a service and change from the 850 to a different HD cable box?

Back