cable boxes

Hi guys, I've got a H2S setup in one room and an old Dynavision box in the living room. Theres a spare cable TV feed that I can use and a satellite feed in the living room.

My question is, what is the best box if I want to use the VM feed to watch and record, will I require two VM inputs into the box and hence will I need to split the cable feed? Is it possible to also have a Sat LNB feed to serve as a backup also

Thanks!

Hi guys, I've got a H2S setup in one room and an old Dynavision box in the living room. Theres a spare cable TV feed that I can use and a satellite feed in the living room.

My question is, what is the best box if I want to use the VM feed to watch and record, will I require two VM inputs into the box and hence will I need to split the cable feed? Is it possible to also have a Sat LNB feed to serve as a backup also

Thanks!

Pretty sure the H2H would accommodate all your needs for both sky and cable, the H2H allowing you to record and watch another channel on VM
and with the added bonus of any other channels you don't have access to on sky

Thanks!

Pretty sure the H2H would accommodate all your needs for both sky and cable, the H2H allowing you to record and watch another channel on VM

Ahh that's perfect, I was under the assumption that you required two VM feeds like how you do with Sly (Dual LNB inputs), Cheers mate!

Thanks!

Ahh that's perfect, I was under the assumption that you required two VM feeds like how you do with Sly (Dual LNB inputs), Cheers mate!

Before buying one just make sure that I'm correct re: one vm feed and being able to record and play. Worst case scenario is a 2 way splitter with 2 small cable connections. I don't use this box but I'm sure Ive seen a few posts saying one feed, could be wrong

Hi, do you want to be able to record cable and watch another cable channel at the same time? Or record cable and watch Sat?

you will need a twin cable tuner box, the prices start from £158 and then you'd need a hard drive to store the recordings on. Some of the boxes have internal whilst others are external. There are various posts on here in regards to this and it all comes down to what you want to spend.

you will need a twin cable tuner box, the prices start from £158 and then you'd need a hard drive to store the recordings on. Some of the boxes have internal whilst others are external. There are various posts on here in regards to this and it all comes down to what you want to spend.

Cheers for that! Any examples I could look at?

box like xtrend 8500 with twin cable and single tuner sat,or xtrend 10000 with twin sat and cable tuners.

Vu+ solo se only requires one vm feed into box and signal is split by dual tuners within the box, which will do what you want. External HDD required tho. Box with 1tb HDD would be about £220.

Hi guys,

Could anyone send me a link to where to buy a DVB-C cable box please, I'm looking to get the Miracle box mini (Cable)

Thanks

Cheers , I went with the Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Linux Enigma 2 Digital Receiver instead.

Has anyone got one? Thoughts?

One other question :

Do I need to use an ethernet cable for internet connection when running the cable box or would WIFI suffice?
Would it be a big quality loss with wifi?

Gents,

If I was to request a HD cable line for Phoenix A850 but later brought a new box is it possible to use the same line?

How would I go about requesting a line for the A850 and where can I get the latest software for it?

Cheers

bought zgemma h2 one connector on the back for sat or cable question is will both work if I connect both cables to a t junction. also can anybody tell me how I find network id for cable. please where do I start. thanks in advance

Hi, I've set up my new Vu+ Solo 2 box on Openvix and scanned for the VM Ireland cable channels and can see the channel list. I got a test C line and wrote it into the CCcam.cfg file and saved this file into both the etc folder and usr/softcams folder through FTP. I enabled the CCcam.cfg in Softcam Manager on my box but still no sign of my channels.

Can anyone help? Should there be more files in usr/softcams folder?

Can I download a "Softcam" plugin and do it through there somehow? Thanks.

Back