can i get aljazeera sports on skybox f5s in uk?

kopmjj

Hi im new here im loving my sky box f5s but was wondering am i restricted to uk channels only or can i get, french, german or other channels too? plz let me know thanks.

you should be able to get other channels on your f5 but it depends if you have a motorised dish or a dish with multiple lnb's as those broadcasters broadcast from different satellites.

hi thanks for the reply, i only have a sky dish so no motorised dish, is it possible to get other channels from france, germany etc, or do i have to buy another dish? im new to this sorry for the newb questions. or can i download a channel list with aljazeera sports in it and will it work? basically i have all the uk channels but i want to get foreign channels too. is there a specific scan i have to do?

if you want foreign sats a better box might be needed and a motorised dish,some of these cheap boxes cant move the motor+ on top you will need a bigger sub to include multi sats [ cline ] as yours might only cover 28.2. also note to get other sats field of vision where the dish moves from left to right no obsticles in line of sight trees or buildings.

so on 28.2 i cant get any foreign channels? i see ppl getting canal+ and other channels do they have a bigger dish? also i see on the openbox forum that i can download aljazeera channel list, will that work?

it has already been explained
1. you need a motorised dish
2. it probably will not work on a sky box ( you will need to upograde your box)
3. you will have to pay your service provider more money

the decent boxes e,.g vu range it is quite simple to get channel lists and update them.
so in a nutshell if you are using skybox you are going to have to spend some more money on a decent sat box. and a motorised dish

Last edited:
so on 28.2 i cant get any foreign channels? i see ppl getting canal+ and other channels do they have a bigger dish? also i see on the openbox forum that i can download aljazeera channel list, will that work?

If you get a bigger dish, you can mount a few LNB's on it without the need for a motorised dish.

Al Jazeera Sports broadcast on Hotbird (13e), so a 60cm dish fitted with a bracket & 2 LNB's would work.

There are also loads of German & French channels on 19.2e. Not sure if a 60cm dish would be big enough for 13e, 19.2e & 28.2e, although it might work with a 6 degree monoblock for 13e & 19.2e.

An 80cm dish would definately allow 3 seperate LNB's.

Have a look at KOS website for available channels & satellites:-

KingOfSat - European Satellite Zapping & Directory

Al Jazeera is going paired in January , soon it will be very difficult to get

Back