CCCam Offline - Or is it?

M14

Hi there,

I'm looking for some help.

I have a problem with my V5S

In the Manage Config Files part of the menu, the CCCAM c-Line continually alternates between Login and Offline. This started 3 days ago and I have tried various things to resolve it.

• I have restarted my router - Still alternates between Login and Offline
  • I have replaced my router - Still alternates between Login and Offline
  • I have dumped the settings to USB and Factory Reset the box, then replaced the config - Still alternates between Login and Offline
  • I have spoken with my ISP who have regraded my line (3db to 6db) - Still alternates between Login and Offline
  • I have taken the box to a neighbours house and tried it on his broadband connection - Connects straight away and goes Online

In addition, on my connection, the Weather App and YouTube App don't work - Not that I ever use them - but I mention it in case it may be relevant and help with diagnostics.

My broadband line is working perfectly for everything else - I'm getting an extremely stable connection with download speeds of 12.9Mbps.

I'm wondering if my ISP might be blocking something now.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

As it works at your neighbours it can only be a brdbnd problem.. are you hard wired via router or using homeplugs ? Have you changed the ethernet cable..?

Last edited:
Hi Ted,

Hard wired to the router.

Changed cable
Changed port on router
Changed router
Changed ADSL filter

I'm wondering if my ISP might be blocking the traffic to the server.

Had a similar problem recently.
Had BT connection and it ran fine.
Switched provider to Talk Talk and ran for 2 months no problem, then it stopped.
Checked everything out and couldn't pinpoint the problem.
Talk Talk said it wasn't blocking but after three calls and finally talking to a supervisor, he gave a different setting to try. on the router.
Surprise surprise no problem since !
Maybe worth a rant at your provider if only to eliminate ?

The fact your weather app isn't connecting means there is no internet connection to the box.

If you disabled the line then the weather app still won't work, so it can't be your ISP blocking you.

Try another cable, I know you have already, but get a different one, it's the most obvious things that get over looked.

The offline / login message is just your "active" line trying over and over to contact the server

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

The Weather App is working - I didn't realise I had to put a city in first. Sorry if that skewed things.

So...

Weather App works - so Internet connection to the box.

Is there any way to get a test c-line to check?

---------- Post Merged at 06:17 PM ----------

Do you happen to remember which router setting you changed?

M14
Sorry mate, it was at my stepdaughters in London so I managed to sort it when I was there.
In that instance the weather APP didn't work either so it all pointed to the line being blocked.
It seems to me that everything has been eliminated other than Router settings compatible with the server settings ?
If it worked at your neighbours straight away then there is no line problem.

Last edited:
Hi,

if you want me to test your line you will need to get the details off the box or from your supplier.

Assuming you have some sort of Skybox / Openbox you will need to find the option to Dump to USB in the menu somewhere

Select CCcam.cfg file then save it to your USB stick.

Go to your computer, double click the file, open the file using notepad, your line details should be revealed !!!

The bottom of this post explains how to put a line into the box

Last edited:
I would get a test line you will no then or let bees test your line it sounds like your line might need activating the servers end

He states in his first post that it goes online straight away in his neighbours house.
Therefore nothing wrong with the line but internet related problem in his own house ?

"it goes online straight away in his neighbours house.
Therefore nothing wrong with the line but internet related problem"

That's what I suspect but my internet connection is running smoothly - no packet loss - 12.9Mbps Download speed.

My ISP (PlusNet) say they haven't made any changes but I'm not convinced.

Hi mate I have tested your line.

Your line won't connect, I would suggest the port number is wrong

I have only ever seen them with 5 digits, not 4, anyone got a four digit port number ???

I have deleted it from my box, I suggest you get back on to your supplier or get a new line from the links in your thread

Good Luck !!

Bees
On my blade box it only takes four digits on the port so I just drop the 0 that is used on most of the others

Haha ano mate

My port dosent even have a zero in it haha best asking you provider for the correct port numbers

Last edited:
Back