Celtic And Rangers

Yes in the champions league, but they then did go into the Europa league where they made the knockout stages 3 times, something Rangers have also done, I dont think either of the old firm are good enough at the minute to make it to the champions league, they just dont have the players, but their results in the europa league have raised the scottish co efficent points enough to enable both to play in the champions league this coming season, Celts will enter in the round before Rangers, and as for motherwell they made it to the 2nd last qualifying round last season and were unlucky not to go through.

i've been lucky enough to be in the mix of both sets of fans and it's ******* intense no matter what game is played.

would love to see them in the prem simply for the gnarly atmosphere.

rangers away at leeds, everton at celtic- inject that right into me please.

they have the MK Dons option:

buy a struggling lower league club - bolton say - and fund them to the prem, then change celtic into bolton + rename bolton as glasgow celtic and there you have a prem team. and bolton fans have a nice scottish club to support.

flawless plan i think everyone will agree.

Both rangers and celtic i think personally would do well in the Premier league.

Let's put it this way they couldn't be any worse than Arsenal.

In regards to the champions league both teams have really not done anything in that mainly because of the quality of players they have.

Will say they done well getting to the knockout stages of the Europa league over recent years.

But if both can invest in quality young talent and bring them through to the first team believe both could have a decent campaign in the champions league.

Even with "those famous Champions League nights" at Parkhead, even with the years of insistence they're big fish in a small pond, even with the mind numbingly boring perennial debate as to whether they'd cut it in the EPL, they weren't even in the thinking of the founder clubs when they formed the proposed new competition. Can the Scots finally accept they're a footballing nonentity? A quaint little league that nobody outside of Scotland cares about?

It's quite telling that the debate has become completely sidetracked from the initial point that Celtic and Rangers had been overlooked by the founding clubs of the ESL and just ended up in the same tired old argument that they're better than the like of West Brom, Fulham and Sheffield United. Kinda confirms their standing in the footballing world.

It's quite telling that the debate has become completely sidetracked from the initial point that Celtic and Rangers had been overlooked by the founding clubs of the ESL and just ended up in the same tired old argument that they're better than the like of West Brom, Fulham and Sheffield United. Kinda confirms their standing in the footballing world.

Can understand your point mate.

But can't argue the rich history of both clubs and their fan base.

Yes their league is bang average now and both have dominated it for decades but that shouldn't be the factor that they will struggle in the Premier league.

I am confident they could both do well.

Finishing in the top 6 let alone winning the Premier league well that's unrealistic for both. But if they had the financial backing as some of the big clubs you could maybe say different in that regard.

But that's all fantasy talk and both unlikely will ever be part of the EPL.

Ajax and Porto got overlooked by the ESL. Celtic and Rangers got overlooked just like the teams I've mentioned. With quite a few titles between them 2 clubs. Yet Atletico, Man City and Spurs got selected with 0 titles between them puts more emphasis on how retarded the ESL actually was more than Rangers and Celtic being overlooked. Celtic alone have won more Champions League Titles than Atletico, City and Spurs lol Go figure....

Last edited:
AC Milan, Inter Milan, Ajax, Porto all got overlooked by the ESL. Close to 20 Champions League Titles between them. Celtic and Rangers got overlooked just like the teams I've mentioned. 20 Ttitles between them 4 clubs. Yet Atletico, Man City and Spurs got selected with 0 titles between them puts more emphasis on how retarded the ESL actually was more than Rangers and Celtic being overlooked. Celtic alone have won more Titles than Aletico, City and Spurs lol Go figure....

If you look at history in European competitions then really porto, villa, ajax and forest should have been in the ESL.

But of course history and tradition don't mean jack all for the now dead ESL. Only big clubs with power and money were preferred.

Your point is partially flawed, if teams rely on Gate Money why on earth did they openly sign the book to kick Rangers out off the SPL when they fell into liquidation? I mean what logic is that. They can't rely that heavily on it if they openly don't want to play them 3/4 times a season for several years.

I think it's slightly different to the ESL Idea in my opinion. This is a United Kingdom thing. We already have Welsh sides so what makes it any different then allowing Scottish sides? The SPL will still continue just like the Welsh Premier League.

I get the point they will be turning their back on the SPL but this allows a new SPL Champion for the first time in nearly 4 decades! The SPL has become so stale. Prior to this year there was 1 Champion for nearly a decade!

Not only that, smaller teams then have chance to qualify for Champions/Europa Leagues and have better cup runs etc. I do believe like yourself that this ship has long sailed though.
There’s only one club in Europe that played in the bottom of their league divisions with 48500 attendance every fortnight. That is a Rangers following. As I said and will say again it won’t happen and my point will always be hypothetical. Based on the fact they have no debt whilst Spurs are struggling to compete due to new stadia both of them if given the chance to play in the Epl will be bought by a Mansoor or in that bracket.

i've been lucky enough to be in the mix of both sets of fans and it's ******* intense no matter what game is played.

would love to see them in the prem simply for the gnarly atmosphere.

rangers away at leeds, everton at celtic- inject that right into me please.

they have the MK Dons option:

buy a struggling lower league club - bolton say - and fund them to the prem, then change celtic into bolton + rename bolton as glasgow celtic and there you have a prem team. and bolton fans have a nice scottish club to support.

flawless plan i think everyone will agree.
Baz, this has been spoken about as well! But the idea of ruining a clubs history to gain access to the EPL is morally wrong bro

AC Milan, Inter Milan, Ajax and Porto all got overlooked by the ESL. Close to 20 Champions League Titles between them. Celtic and Rangers got overlooked just like the teams I've mentioned. 20 Ttitles between them 4 clubs. Yet Atletico, Man City and Spurs got selected with 0 titles between them puts more emphasis on how retarded the ESL actually was more than Rangers and Celtic being overlooked. Celtic alone have won more Champions League Titles than Atletico, City and Spurs lol Go figure....
AC and Inter Milan were both in the ESL

to be fair pointing out they were ignored by the super league* and that scottish football is not on people's mind outside of the was a rather dull talking point - which s why you have 3 pages of no one engaging with it.

it's an achievement when they get to the groups stages, and they have two teams, one of whom was not even around for much of the last decade lol.

*europe wasn't in the registration of the competition, tellingly

to be fair pointing out they were ignored by the super league* and that scottish football is not on people's mind outside of the was a rather dull talking point - which s why you have 3 pages of no one engaging with it.

Not half as exciting as the already done to death debate as to whether they'd cut it in the EPL I guess...

Remember if the glasgow giants ever join any english league they will be kissing goodbye to european football as they will never finish in the top 6 :LOL:

Remember if the glasgow giants ever join any english league they will be kissing goodbye to european football as they will never finish in the top 6 :LOL:
Disagree with the right investment and owners any club can challenge anywhere and the right players and coaching staff.
Look at city before been took over they got promoted relegated promoted taken over now winning trophies and in CL every season just like Chelsea Liverpool ect all have the financial ownership and backing to bring in the players needed/wanted.

Disagree with the right investment and owners any club can challenge anywhere and the right players and coaching staff.

And tbf apart from the investment, owners, players and coaching staff Celtic and Rangers have all those things.

Your spot on Baz, after one season , with the tv money alone and buying a few decent players, they would attract better class of players too, with being in a top league, but , the chance has passed now for it to happen, so not much point in debating it. As it stands now . the old firm get 2 and a half million a season from tv money domestically, compare that to the bottom end of the EPL, where its £100 million.

omg werner has actually scored a goal, shock horror!

ah but he's missed a sitter as well. hes the worst buy ive ever seen file alongside Torres and Morata and Van de Beek, shocking!

Last edited:
Back