Come On Ireland!!

noelyf

VIP Member
Best Of Luck To The Republic Of Ireland Against France Tonight!

Ireland_TeamPhoto.jpg

C`mon Ireland!!

irish-_flag-300x240.jpg

Ireland%20football%20team%20huddle.sflb

Last edited:
Nerves are creeping in already lads - and it is still 4 and a 1/2 hours to kick off!
Come on you boys in Green!!

come on the lads just made sure mams starview was working properly, bless she`s sitting there all flagged up.:)

just in bit gargled hard luck ireland but when you go out with a defensive mentality you WILL always get beaten ,now lets go for it in paris

Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni felt his side deserved more out of the game, but insisted the tie remains very much alive.

He said: 'We are a little bit disappointed because for me, the right result was a draw.
'We know how strong France are with the players they have, but we have our quality, our discipline, our mentality and in the first half, the right result for me was a draw.
'In the second half, there was a deflection and we conceded a goal. For 10 minutes, we were a little bit disappointed and we lost our trust in ourselves.

'But we had a good reaction and we could have scored a goal through Whelan. It was not an easy chance, but he was in front of the goalkeeper and it would have been right had we scored that goal.
'But we have played 90 minutes and that is the only the first half. We have the second half in Paris.
'Maybe we will have the same game in Paris and we will get the deflection.'

Meanwhile, Trapattoni claimed a melee on the final whistle, which appeared to spiral from a spat between Lassana Diarra and Keith Andrews, was the result of a French player 'insulting the Irish people', but insisted he would not be making any complaint over it.

well, I had to work late last night and only saw the first 35 minutes of the match and thought that they played well enough and even had a few chances. then i went back to work and listened on the radio, they didnt sound like they were up to much in the second half.

still, at least now they will have to play offensively in paris on wednesday
COME ON IRELAND

Back