Confused

Are you sure it definitely flashed? because scumnsee includes both cccam.cfg in etc and newcamd.list in usr/keys for people to edit

assuming it did flash & you now have a complete image loaded: using filezilla look in the ect folder....way down the list past the yellow folders you will see CCcam.cfg (edit you line details into this file & save). exit filezilla, go to your box, using remote...menu/setup/softcams... select CCcam 2.3.0 & activate it so it has a tick (you may need to deactivate MGcam 1st) Restart the cam then go to view any subscription channel...should now clear IF you have done it right.

Can you confirm for us that the sucmnsee backup image did flash your box....? Also does your line start N:

Last edited:
Hi i have re-flashed again just in case, it has definatley flashed and is different to how it was last night ( so couldnt have done it right ) I have like the sky setup for menus etc and when i go into cccam settings it shows a list which never came up before, I have a cline so before i open filezilla do i need to do anything to the box ? Thanks so much for your help

---------- Post Merged at 11:23 AM ----------

Hi i dont have a CCcam in the etc folder but there is mg-cfg and newcam in the the keys, can i use that ?

Hi i have re-flashed again just in case, it has definatley flashed and is different to how it was last night ( so couldnt have done it right ) I have like the sky setup for menus etc and when i go into cccam settings it shows a list which never came up before, I have a cline so before i open filezilla do i need to do anything to the box ? Thanks so much for your help

---------- Post Merged at 11:23 AM ----------

Hi i dont have a CCcam in the etc folder but there is mg-cfg and newcam in the the keys, can i use that ?

Im thinking for your line to work in mgcam it would need to be a nline, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some posts that you possibly can.
If it's easier ask your provider if he can provide your line as Nline, then user path is usr/keys/right click on newcamd.list/ delete all in the file and copy and paste your line beginning CWS = line, save file. Then restart mgcam.
However there maybe an easier way with your cline, hopefully someone can help you, if no joy do as I've said and your sorted

Hi i have asked my provider to send me an nline does that mean i dont need worry about the CCcam ? Thanks

Good man, once received your line will begin CWS = line, this is all you need to copy and paste where I said and save the file. Once completed you must restart mgcam 1.35 or 1.38 in softcams

Ok so the mgcams are in my box under softcams ? Thanks i feel so thick lol

Press blue on the remote, softcams manager, tick mgcam 1.35 or 1.38, restart it and that should be you.
goto autobouquets, sport, ok on any premium and they should clear

I find N lines are easier to deal with & more stable but for simplicity IF you get a line starting CWS: your onto a winner as that is the normal format of an N line although some providers will send a CCcam.cfg with a line that starts N: this is also an N line (I know it sounds confusing). ether way we can help you enter it in the right location once we know the type of line you have. If you have a line starting CWS: follow the guide as they are mostly written for this type of line....If you have a line starting N: I can help guide you through changing it so it becomes CWS:

hence why I keep asking what your line starts with...you just havnt answered me yet

---------- Post Merged at 01:24 PM ----------

knap1975 do you have one or two feeds/cables going into the back of your box?
shouldnt need to change any tuner configs as once again sucmnsee has completed that step for you, tuner lock error will be down to connection on box incorrect, poor fitting of connections or only using one feed when the box is expecting two...all can be fixed if you tell use just how you have it set

Last edited:
Hi im doing the autobouquets bit and then scan but it keeps saying timeout for tuner lock ? any ideas plz ?

youll need to configure your tuner properly, goto to tuner config and set it up there with your area, save then run autobouquets

theres your problem right there..... why only using one feed? do you need it for somewhere else in the house? IF you do & are only able to use the one feed you need to place it into Tuner A & then using remote go & change tuner config....tuner B to not configured

If you are only able to use one feed to your box you will have limited viewing ability as you will not be able to watch one channel while recording another, you will still be able to record but everything will be on one channel feed so you are limited, to gain full function of the box you really need to have both feeds from the dish in the box, one to tuner A & the other to tuner B

Last edited:
I find N lines are easier to deal with & more stable but for simplicity IF you get a line starting CWS: your onto a winner as that is the normal format of an N line although some providers will send a CCcam.cfg with a line that starts N: this is also an N line (I know it sounds confusing). ether way we can help you enter it in the right location once we know the type of line you have. If you have a line starting CWS: follow the guide as they are mostly written for this type of line....If you have a line starting N: I can help guide you through changing it so it becomes CWS:

hence why I keep asking what your line starts with...you just havnt answered me yet

shouldnt need to change any tuner configs as once again sucmnsee has completed that step for you, tuner lock error will be down to connection on box incorrect, poor fitting of connections or only using one feed when the box is expecting two...all can be fixed if you tell use just how you have it set

Hi BeakyFord apologies I thought I replied with what my line starts with its N it was a C but my provider changed it and was told to put it in the Newcamd folder ? I did this and went onto sucmnsee's next step then got stuck on tuner lock ?

---------- Post Merged at 01:48 PM ----------

Hi BeakyFord apologies I thought I replied with what my line starts with its N it was a C but my provider changed it and was told to put it in the Newcamd folder ? I did this and went onto sucmnsee's next step then got stuck on tuner lock ?
I have 2 leads now going into LNB in and Tuner A in ? I disabled B rescanned and had over 700 channels hope this is right ? Thanks

Yep get both your cables into both tuners and configure both, if your line is set up for multi, then your box should now be working

I dont know who's guide you are using but as so many have popped up recently I have noticed not one of the covers everything, most have minor errors or are missing simple steps that cause new users problems, its good the guys are trying to help with guides but it would be best IF one definitive guide was placed as a sticky, kiddac is usually very thorough & I also think another member (sorry forgot his name but its starts MG_rusty? did a good guide)

---------- Post Merged at 01:48 PM ----------

I have 2 leads now going into LNB in and Tuner A in ? I disabled B rescanned and had over 700 channels hope this is right ? Thanks

its 700 more than you had lol

lets slow it down & back it up a minute then we can get you sorted without making this thread 300 pages long..... you have a line thats starts with an N:
1st thing you need to do is change this so it will be the same as CWS: to do this is easy:

your line is like this:
N: xxxx xxx xx xx xx xxxx 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (may not have all the numbers but thats not important)

using filezilla edit the dummy line sucmnsee has placed in user/keys....this will look like this:
CWS: = tv.xxxx xxx xxx xxx 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 0-8 09 10 11 12 13 14

with me so far?

edit out tv.xxxx xxx xxxx xxxx but leave in place from 01 02 03 04.......14

this is a little awkward to explain but bare with me.... disgard the N: of your line a copy everything that follows it stopping where the 01 02 03.....14 part is...its this section only that you need to edit into the dummy line sucnmsee had made your you.... do you understand or is it as clear as mud?

dummy line:
CWS: = tv.xxx xxx xxx xxx xx 01 02 03 04......14

your altered line:
CWS: = xxxx xx xxxxx xxxx 01 02 03 04.....14 (ive just removed the N: then copied everything until 01 02 03 04.....14) make sense?

Once done make sure you save the file then exit filezilla..... open it again if you wish just to check your line has been saved.... now go to your box & using the remote...menu/setup/softcam/softcam magager....select MGcand 1.38 activate it so it has a tick (may need to deactivate CCcam 1st) then restart the cam....now go to any subscription channel to see if it clears for viewing

IF you can now see subscriptions channels your line in entered correctly & working so you are safe to move onto the next step of the guide....initializing HDD then swapfile & so on...dont jump forward just follow the steps & post if you get stuck dont carry on regardless as many do as it becomes a nightmare trying to workout what has & has not been done right & or wrong.! good lick bud im sure you can manage from here

Last edited:
I have done something wrong then with my line as im not getting my paid channels ? anyone help plz ? Beakyford my line starts with N not CWS can you help me please ?

I have done something wrong then with my line as im not getting my paid channels ? anyone help plz ? Beakyford my line starts with N not CWS can you help me please ?

change the N to CWS = line with these little spaces between =
job done

Back