Cordless drill dead batteries

cactikid

VIP Member
I have an Industrial 24v Ronson drill and both battery packs are dead and joiners inside corroded.
Is it worth getting replacement batteries even off aliexpress
Hailian rechargeable sg 1.2v 1500mah

I have an Industrial 24v Ronson drill and both battery packs are dead and joiners inside corroded.
Is it worth getting replacement batteries even off aliexpress
Hailian rechargeable sg 1.2v 1500mah
There's going to be twenty of them in each pack?
You'd need forty for both packs, probably cheaper to buy a new drill

Then you’ve got to connect them , you would need a big soldering iron and by the time it was hot enough to accept the solder the acid in the battery would dry up due to heat

Ive done them in the past but you use one of these rather than a soldering iron.

714gF6r50oL._AC_SX522_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integrated-Hand‑Held-Adjustable-Welding-Automatic/dp/B08SCCGB6V/ref=asc_df_B08SCCGB6V/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=570447700924&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1860266672570595147&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046299&hvtargid=pla-1635806885735&psc=1

IMG_20230721_164144.jpg
Only opened up 1 and this is what i saw , i have a Weller soldering gun but not to sure if powerful enough.
2 in the chamber or i might get a quote for these companies that rebuild them or sell it with needing batteries?

Silly question as not used or seen that welder before , how does one use it?
Purchase a decent one the one i linked to in the picture may do it but it gets mixed reviews.

As a mechanic, have you ever used a spot welder or know the principles behind using one ?

These are a spot welder.

Might need more as other things i have might need new batteries but would have to do it in stages.
I have seen packs of 20 and affordable and maybe E20 per pack but need to check size and other things as Google could show me the wrong thing.
A working drill is easier to sell than a non working one.

Looks interesting and mains powered.

Last edited:
Might need more as other things i have might need new batteries but would have to do it in stages.
I have seen packs of 20 and affordable and maybe E20 per pack but need to check size and other things as Google could show me the wrong thing.
A working drill is easier to sell than a non working one.

Looks interesting and mains powered.
Easy mate although i would not use the battery method.

I built a few electric bikes and built the batteries, did a few power tool batteries and thought about offering it as a service but market is flooded with folk doing the same thing.

I have a 12v battery but its fecked and thought of a mains one be better as a constant source of power.

Think i have a jump starter kit also needing batteries so maybe i might try and salvage them.
Only found 1 company doing battery pack overhauls

Back