Coronavirus Tracker

I have never had Flu, I have had man flu, most recent dec 2019. Couple of days discomfort, when my twins both got Flu as kids & off school , they were in bed for 10 days, and off school for a further 2 weeks to see two fit healthy kids go through Flu was heartbreaking..if the figures add up, I for one am dreading what is now a reality nightmare..

all we can do is follow the advice, this is comming but no one knows how badly, but I am not sure how panicing about it is going to help anyone. The potential of this is scary, but from what I can understand every case so far in the UK can be tracked to a source, unlike in places like Italy and the US where they have been unable to track to the source, that's got to be possitive.

all we can do is follow the advice, this is comming but no one knows how badly, but I am not sure how panicing about it is going to help anyone. The potential of this is scary, but from what I can understand every case so far in the UK can be tracked to a source, unlike in places like Italy and the US where they have been unable to track to the source, that's got to be possitive.
Well said.....and discussing how long it will take to burn bodies is , to me, not only completely unnecessary, but also quite offensive

Ye seen in south asian especially countries bordering china and iran like India and Pakistan they have closed schools until mid march.

The Covid-19 is a global pandemic, if there ever was one, this would be a prime example. Scientists in various countries are working towards a cure, but there seems to be little hope in sight. Speaking of India, the country neighboring China, has only recently reported its first case. The disease seems to be flat-lining as of now. There are very little new cases, compared to its epoch. We must not water down the severity of this nonetheless.
~Engineer.AI

Have a read of this Coronavirus: advice for employers and employees | Acas

If you know people effected share it.

We work in food production so I suppose they are trying to give customers confidence we are taking security measures.

Last night we had a briefing stating anyone coming back from effected countries or planning on going won't be able to come back to work for 2 weeks.

One of the lads at work has gone to Thailand. Last month we had a briefing saying you can't come back to work if going to high risk areas, he contacted HR and told them where he was planning to go and the said that was fine. Now they are saying he can't come back when he gets home.

They didn't mention about pay in the briefing but according to acas if work tells you not to go in but your ok you should be entitled to full pay, if you are told by government or officials to take isolation then you will only be entitled to statutory sick pay.

So he is on holiday for 4 weeks then when he comes back it looks like he is having another 2 weeks off with pay, work will probably try and say he's not entitled to full pay but he's not sick.

I'm not sure how that applies if you're planning on going away and they've already told you won't be allowed to go back to work, they can say you've chosen to go knowing you won't get paid but it would be best seeking legal advice or speak to acas.

as i said in previous post im brickin it ,
im 60+ and half chronic lung problems
In cases like yours yes take precautions, try to stay indoors and only go out if needed. If family members or friends can help ask them to do your shopping etc. Obviously this isn't going to help if you need to work but hopefully you can get the help needed.

Back