Covid-19 the second wave

Yeah but those people aren't hiding behind the couch with a tin foil hat on, dousing themselves in disinfectant whilst chanting spells to ward off the disease. They've just decided they don't want to be in close quarters with strangers just yet, so they're not. This is actually in the interests of those who do want to start visiting pubs, as it'll make it easier for the businesses to work within the restrictions the Conservative party have imposed upon all licensed premises.

I'm not sure where you think I would disagree with any of that.

Imo opening pubs ect going to put more people at risk and a 2nd peak may start to unfold. Same with reducing the social distancing measures been reduced to 1metre unless I'm missing something lol

They should

The fear of covid is out of prroportion.

We can tell people are being irrational or ill informed as they take on risks of similar and greater size all the time.

Imo opening pubs ect going to put more people at risk and a 2nd peak may start to unfold. Same with reducing the social distancing measures been reduced to 1metre unless I'm missing something lol
You've obviously not been in a supermarket in past three months lol.
I have to queue up for 2 hours to get in the local recycling centre because it's one in, one out.
Go to Aldi and there's 200 people in a quarter of the space

It will. But when the risk is small to begin with the benefits may outweigh costs

If you were told eating a bacon butty once a week doubles your risk of dying under 50 from disease X you might want to give it up.

But if the odds of dying from disease X under 50 is 1 in 1.5 million then doubling it means a 2 in 1.5 million risk and you might say what is life without a bacon butty?

Life is risky. We exchange risk for convenience all the time.

Inaction is not zero risk either.

Lockdown, recession, depression etc all cost lives to some degree.

You've obviously not been in a supermarket in past three months lol.
I have to queue up for 2 hours to get in the local recycling centre because it's one in, one out.
Go to Aldi and there's 200 people in a quarter of the space
Like it our aldi ect que outside then every man for them self's inside our tip same 1 in one out

They should

The fear of covid is out of prroportion.

We can tell people are being irrational or ill informed as they take on risks of similar and greater size all the time.

But that doesn't matter. They have the right to be as paranoid as they like and to avoid whichever places they choose - you yourself have chosen to avoid haircuts, going into friend's houses all sorts of other things without people passing judgment. You should live your own life and stop worrying about these "people" who you keep seeming to want to educate.

Yeah whoever wants to go the pubs ect... then go there lol whoever dont want to go then they also don't have to go, we've never seen anything like this before (covid) so comparing it to a bacon butty is ridiculous lol, I agree the country has to get moving now and people have to get back to some sort of normality at some point but thats everyone's choice on when and how they go about that, if your not really comfortable atm going shopping or going the boozer then dont go, but if you cant wait to get back there, thats also fine aslong as whatever rules are in place by the government in regards to pub visits ectt... are abided by, we've been discussing this in this thread now for ages, one thing is very clear, it does not matter what people say, it seems no one is in agreement each other, for example I think we should of locked down 3 weeks earlier, someone on here would disagree with that and thats completely their choice, mayswell just forget it IMO and move on now bcuz as I sais no 1 is ever going to agree on this thread, I think the lockdown was far 2 late and coming out now is wrong, thats my opinion but I also know that we have to get the country moving at some point.

But that doesn't matter. They have the right to be as paranoid as they like and to avoid whichever places they choose - you yourself have chosen to avoid haircuts, going into friend's houses all sorts of other things without people passing judgment. You should live your own life and stop worrying about these "people" who you keep seeming to want to educate.

I'm not sure where you get the idea I want to force or judge people for not going to pubs. I've certainly never described anyone as paranoid. They are being irrational, but we are irrational beings by nature. I ascribe no judgement to that other than passing comment.

Part of the argument against easing lockdown restrictions is the increase of risk that people will take on. I'm merely showing why that neednt be a bad thing and providing an alternative narrative.

I've always been of the opinion that people should take on what ever risk is appropriate for them. Do what you like, doesn't bother me.

I've visited friends, and commited a criminal offence in doing so. Other friends have strictly followed the law and I have missed them. My barber has been forcibly prevented from opening by the state, again I'm not sure we read the same posts.

So far the only person in this thread who has written a sentence even closely resembling a call to change behaviour is the person who wrote

"You should...stop...etc"

And I do feel my contributions are useful especially where people are openly fearful.

Yeah whoever wants to go the pubs ect... then go there lol whoever dont want to go then they also don't have to go, we've never seen anything like this before (covid) so comparing it to a bacon butty is ridiculous lol

*Narrator*

"this user encounters an analogy, apparently for the first time.."

I've certainly never described anyone as paranoid. They are being irrational, but we are irrational beings by nature.
Screenshot_20200625-111846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Narrator: He doesn't know the meaning of the word paranoia.

And I do feel my contributions are useful especially where people are openly fearful.

But then you're judging them. You say people need to take measured risk, and seemingly if they don't measure the risk as you do, then they're being openly fearful - even though on the whole thread I would say there's one post which demonstrates that an individual has been overly cautious and restricted himself from easing himself out of the measures in a way that many of us have done sensibly and logically. That's this post here.

I'd like to be able to visit friends and family in their houses.

Most of all, I'd like a haircut.

Again that's your spin.

People who feel that the risk of covid when going to a pub is too great to take on, yet a round trip to London is safe are irrational or ill informed . I don't believe that makes them paranoid. Only you have made that connection.

Not many are aware that only 6 in 10k of the overall population (probably much less in the general population is outside places like hospitals, prisons and care homes). Much less that the risk of a round trip from manchestr to Birmingham is twice as dangerous as a visit to a pub.

That sort of information is useful and allows informed decisions.

You might judge people who arent aware, I don't.

As I said, I have visited friends, but others have followed the law. I'd have preffered it if wasn't a criminal offence to receive guests or cut someones hair.

That sort of information is useful and allows informed decisions.

You might judge people who arent aware, I don't.

People have made informed decisions - they've been treated to a daily tv briefing and more information than anyone can logically collate. They've made informed decisions on whatever information they've decided applies to them and whatever they decree as sensible at the time.

Because you don't agree with some people's choices, you are indeed judging them - you're painting them as ill informed morons who are waiting for Boris to tell them when they are allowed to fart. Your rhetoric throughout this thread has been exactly that. Judging others, without giving specific examples but just constantly referring to "people."

People have made informed decisions - they've been treated to a daily tv briefing and more information than anyone can logically collate. They've made informed decisions on whatever information they've decided applies to them and whatever they decree as sensible at the time.

Because you don't agree with some people's choices, you are indeed judging them - you're painting them as ill informed morons who are waiting for Boris to tell them when they are allowed to fart. Your rhetoric throughout this thread has been exactly that. Judging others, without giving specific examples but just constantly referring to "people."

I don't disagree with their choices.

I have literally no opinion on whether someone should go the pub or the beach or go dogging.

I do not care.

I don't think people who are ill informed are morons, again that's a leap you are prepared to make but not I squire. I'm very much I'll informed on most topics, I have irrational fears.

Plenty of people are scare mongering either through ignorance or ideology. And I don't think it's an extreme position to highlight some relative risks.

Back