Cable Delete Button missing from virtual keyboard on h7c

ATV are going out their way to pee everyone off lately, I can understand them playing with things like this in 6.3 as it's a beta but why are they messing with 6.2? it's meant to be the stable release..
It was driving me nuts grog seriously , only due to the good people on here was it solved but yeah I agree atv are beginning to pee people off

I'm tempted to have the grogbuild setup revert to the old virtual keyboard as we had to with the timers but can't keep doing that. If I get time next week I will try to figure out the best way to solve these problems

It was changed on ViX ages ago so I just used the old virtualkeyboard.py
I think every skin has to be amended to work with the new one.

Hi I'm having exactly the same problem & it's driving me nuts!!! When i go to put in username for the all4one plugin you have to delete the words 'not entered' before you can put the username in. There is no delete button there anymore..
Change the skin to metrix and the old one comes back, mine did I was going backwards and forwards all morning

Just looking at vix virtualkeyboard.py this is how it shows with vskin ( haven't made any changes to the skin) so maybe more changes are needed for ATV.

1_0_19_A8E_1B_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0_20190525000314.jpg

It definitely needs re skining but over all it doesn't look too bad. Delete button is top right. Maybe vix have made changes so older skins are more supported @Abu Baniaz maybe able to answer that

Just looking at vix virtualkeyboard.py this is how it shows with vskin ( haven't made any changes to the skin) so maybe more changes are needed for ATV.

View attachment 39248

It definitely needs re skining but over all it doesn't look too bad. Delete button is top right. Maybe vix have made changes so older skins are more supported @Abu Baniaz maybe able to answer that
Same layout as on infinity aswell now for keyboard

A bit more digging you will notice if at top right press right a few more times and press ok you can see the letters being deleted. I think it's just a case of making the screen bigger

It is probably using the emergency skin values which are designed for 720 skins.

You can try the 1080 pngs. The skin file will need some editing as the dimensions are different

This is how virtual keyboard looks like on openatv with simple1080/pli fullnight hd

Attachments

• VirtualKeyBoardImages.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 10
  • openatv vkeyboard.jpg
    openatv vkeyboard.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
didn't wanna start new thread but wanted to ask, is the softcam thing defo fixed for GB FR installation?
tried half a dozen times in past week with 5 different types of box but back to 'no softcam feeds' drivel?
infinity works, plain oatv6.2 nothing doing, only way of having a working softcam is by adding WBI?

It is probably using the emergency skin values which are designed for 720 skins.

You can try the 1080 pngs. The skin file will need some editing as the dimensions are different

This is how virtual keyboard looks like on openatv with simple1080/pli fullnight hd
I managed to play around with the size of the text wget for vskin. For testing I managed to adjust size of the virtualkeyboard screen and list screen on chabs SkyQ. It just looks like the skins need to add in the colours

didn't wanna start new thread but wanted to ask, is the softcam thing defo fixed for GB FR installation?
tried half a dozen times in past week with 5 different types of box but back to 'no softcam feeds' drivel?
infinity works, plain oatv6.2 nothing doing, only way of having a working softcam is by adding WBI?
Are you using the newer softcam feed dated 01 May 2019?

Code:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04380265820685645197

I flashed my box with grogbuild fr last night to test the virtual kb and the softcams installed fine. which method are you using to install, the method shown in the gb fr thread and my site or the old option which was removed, which I know you was using after I removed it.

I flashed my box with grogbuild fr last night to test the virtual kb and the softcams installed fine. which method are you using to install, the method shown in the gb fr thread and my site or the old option which was removed, which I know you was using after I removed it.
I use the old option
Code:
wget --no-check-certificate -O ~/grogbuild-atv.sh http://www.dropbox.com/s/z8wqyrb1ig7vepd/grogbuild-atv.sh?dl=1 && chmod 744 ~/grogbuild-atv.sh && ~/grogbuild-atv.sh
because I always flash via usb...the reason I flash by usb is because some boxes are misnamed...those using ipab on a H2h or H5.2tc for example, if you use the flashmybox method, it flashes H2s image - the box reports that it's a H2s so it automatically flashes the newest image for that box, which is the wrong image

because I always flash via usb...the reason I flash by usb is because some boxes are misnamed...those using ipab on a H2h or H5.2tc for example, if you use the flashmybox method, it flashes H2s image - the box reports that it's a H2s so it automatically flashes the newest image for that box, which is the wrong image

It's not the wrong image, just the wrong box branding.
The H2S image will flash the H2S, H2H, H32TC and anything else in the H3 range.
Same with the H5. Any H5 variant can be flashed with the H5 image.

It just depends on how anal you are about the box being named correctly :smiley:
I've been making a H2H build for years and never owned one.

i'm not too worried about the box being named correctly but if I'm flashing someone's H2h and it's coming up as H2s it looks a bit ropey

I use the old option
Code:
wget --no-check-certificate -O ~/grogbuild-atv.sh http://www.dropbox.com/s/z8wqyrb1ig7vepd/grogbuild-atv.sh?dl=1 && chmod 744 ~/grogbuild-atv.sh && ~/grogbuild-atv.sh
Unfortunately that setup method has not been updated and I have mentioned to you before that it won't be maintained., the box won't flash at all if it's the wrong image. There are the odd instance when the box needs to be flashed with a bare atv first, normally this is if its a zgemma using a patched vix or a really old ATV.

Having two methods of setup is not practical, it means twice the work for me (UNPAID) and leads to confusion if someone says something isn't working as 9 times out of 10 the never said what installation method they use, like you above, and that needs to be established before I can look into it.

If your flashing ipleb boxes often why not flash one and then create a backup to use on others and just keep that backup fresh?

it's not feasible to do that because a H2h, a H3.2tc and a H2 and other models using ipleb all show up as H2s, so I can't make one backup, also i can't use the flashmybox command as it just flashes a newer version of H2s image regardless of what the box actually is so I flash by usb and use the command line above to add FR
The box does flash the wrong image regardless of what box it is, it downloads and installs H2s image
I suppose I could flash 6.2 for their box, then flash it again with the flashmybox command

Back