Desktop pc issue

May just need a reflash most windows 10 computers have it built in or try pressing cntrl alt delete see if it responds to that when mine goes like it it I spoke to computer shop about it as my insurance ran out they just said reflash it but mine hp 23 inch all in one touch screen so I just usually reflash try leaving it unplugged for 5 minuites then put power lead back in and see if it will fully reboot

Hi cactikid I had the same problem over the past few months and now PC crashed. I didn't think much of it but my Web cam light was on and now i'm getting threatening emails from my own account to myself ( if that makes sence ) asking for $ 750 bitcoins or expose my activity on the internet. I have'nt done anything wrong on the internet. The last email I got, again from myself to myself said he got in through my Router. Very disturbing......

That will be Ramsomware
Have a read mate (y)

https://www.malwarebytes.com/ransomware/

Bugger dam xp desktop hdd went and not a sata drive,linux desktop in limbo,oh and windows 7 will have no support soon
Xp laptop wont load browser lol,bloody cursed.
I may have a couple of old IDE drives if you want me to stick them in post to you.
Got a W7 OEM as well :whistle:

Hi cactikid I had the same problem over the past few months and now PC crashed. I didn't think much of it but my Web cam light was on and now i'm getting threatening emails from my own account to myself ( if that makes sence ) asking for $ 750 bitcoins or expose my activity on the internet. I have'nt done anything wrong on the internet. The last email I got, again from myself to myself said he got in through my Router. Very disturbing......
First, put a piece of black tape over your webcam. If you're confident you've done nothing wrong, don't pay anything. Like I posted in another thread, they are most phishing emails looking to make you panic and pay them money. They may claim to have an old password of yours and it doesn't matter if you've changed it because they'll know. The fact the email appears to come from you doesn't mean it actually does as it's easy to fake. Check your email Outbox. Are there any sent messages in there to yourself? Run a full virus scan of course, I like SuperAntiSpyware.

Just one thing, you haven't been opening ports up on your router have you to watch TV away from home?

Happened to me reflashed my drive changed the outlook password and all sorted. Usually happens through downloading torrents and opening spam emails. Black tape over the camera and back up important files to USB. And if you get it again tell them to show your unappealing member to everyone only joking

Yes that sounds like what i got from myself,funny thing avast flagged my router with an issue and vm said no issue.Webcams no never used and not on a desktop pc.
Ran avast and malwarebytes regularly and do get the odd pop up saying it blocked something.Still my w10 is running fine and no issues for the moment.
No ports open in router

First, put a piece of black tape over your webcam. If you're confident you've done nothing wrong, don't pay anything. Like I posted in another thread, they are most phishing emails looking to make you panic and pay them money. They may claim to have an old password of yours and it doesn't matter if you've changed it because they'll know. The fact the email appears to come from you doesn't mean it actually does as it's easy to fake. Check your email Outbox. Are there any sent messages in there to yourself? Run a full virus scan of course, I like SuperAntiSpyware.

Just one thing, you haven't been opening ports up on your router have you to watch TV away from home?

I deleted the email and cant send money in bitnotes.
no ports open as dont view outside my home.
Forgot to check the sent and see what happens.

Happened to me reflashed my drive changed the outlook password and all sorted. Usually happens through downloading torrents and opening spam emails. Black tape over the camera and back up important files to USB. And if you get it again tell them to show your unappealing member to everyone only joking

I dont have a webmail on any pcs but use a service to log into to access emails and nearly sure their service is scanned for bugs and never had a pop up on any of them.Torrents nope.

I dont have a webmail on any pcs but use a service to log into to access emails and nearly sure their service is scanned for bugs and never had a pop up on any of them.Torrents nope.
What about downloading in general? I had avast and malwarebytes running too still got it

Nope i am a sad git dont download as only upgrades or software updates.
Not sure if it was an attack or random issue issue on w10

Thank you systemlord for your reply. I had changed the email password a couple of weeks ago on the PC in question but got another one on Easter weekend. Worryingly this time he knew my account details of my Email provider.
I have now changed the password again at my local Library so as not to be on my network. Fingers crossed. Yeah I have a piece of tape on my laptop now.
I have a wifi Security Camera on the network that I can view on my Mobile. Does that use an open port on my router to let the in.??

Back