Difference between i55 and h2S?

is there any real difference between these boxes? what makes the i55 better for iptv? they both have the same processors and chipset

has anyone tried script method iptv on a i55 if it is superior?

also can a mod please create tag for zgemma i55

Isn't the i55 a box for IPTV primarily and has a single satellite tuner whereas the H2.S is a twin satellite tuner with the capability to run IPTV.

the i55 has no tuner at all. it's seems to be essentially a h2s with the tuners stripped out. It's annoying because iptv providers just blame enigma or the box instead of accepting their servers are sh*t. it's very hard to prove them wrong then

What what i hear mag boxes ain't all there cracked up to be , i55 or h2s is the way to go or the newer h5

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

So which is one is better for IPTV? If I was to get h.2s would I see any performance differences? Would prefer h.2s as twin tuner.

So which is one is better for IPTV? If I was to get h.2s would I see any performance differences? Would prefer h.2s as twin tuner.
I`ve got the h2s, good little box too. I plan on using mine for iptv in the future, coupled with whats left of the sky channels lol

Technically you shouldn't see any difference but I tried one myself either.. maybe any supposed difference would be because the i55 would have lots lets drivers etc needed and that might result in a smoother experience for iptv.. so a stripped down h2s should be just as good (if your're not using the tuners)

There is a massive difference between the h2s and the i55 box,They may both have the same chip sets and processors but the fact the h2s has sat tuners means the chip sets operates in a different capacity,The i55 setup is purly for streaming,That is the way its programed,as for the magboxes being overrated then what a load of crap,Both boxes are top notch iptv devices,If you look there is a nice section on here about the i55,I have used both boxes a long time and exellent with the right broadband speed and setup,Simple terms and fact,Anyone who loves enigna 2 type skins and playing about and zgemma fans then the i55 is the one,If you are not confident on iptv setups and just want a simple setup box to watch all your tv then go for the newer mag 256 as its a big step up on the 254 but both are fantastic

There is a massive difference between the h2s and the i55 box,They may both have the same chip sets and processors but the fact the h2s has sat tuners means the chip sets operates in a different capacity,The i55 setup is purly for streaming,That is the way its programed,as for the magboxes being overrated then what a load of crap,Both boxes are top notch iptv devices,If you look there is a nice section on here about the i55,I have used both boxes a long time and exellent with the right broadband speed and setup,Simple terms and fact,Anyone who loves enigna 2 type skins and playing about and zgemma fans then the i55 is the one,If you are not confident on iptv setups and just want a simple setup box to watch all your tv then go for the newer mag 256 as its a big step up on the 254 but both are fantastic

Defo going down the Zgemma route as set up a mates zgemma with wooshbuild so love the Skyq skin and sky look. Just new to IPTV so working out which which Zgemma to get.

Going slightly off topic. Trying to understand the differences between other Zgemma's - Saves me creating a new thread (sorry to hijack)

Is H2S compatible if I decide to go down the virgin media route. May end up with Virgin Media and IPTV so get both. Can I do that on H2S or will I need to get H2H

Defo going down the Zgemma route as set up a mates zgemma with wooshbuild so love the Skyq skin and sky look. Just new to IPTV so working out which which Zgemma to get.

Going slightly off topic. Trying to understand the differences between other Zgemma's - Saves me creating a new thread (sorry to hijack)

Is H2S compatible if I decide to go down the virgin media route. May end up with Virgin Media and IPTV so get both. Can I do that on H2S or will I need to get H2H
databiz i will try and anwser your question as best as possible,The h2s is designed as a satellite box and as we can no longer recieve sky channels by card share then i can not see why one would buy that box,You have 3 options really,You can look for a good all round box that can do cable,satellite,iptv and that way you can have options,Other is go down the iptv box route,3rd option which is what people tend to forget is you can pay £200 for a box and a good smart tv is around £300 and will do full iptv

ive used to different iptv providers and can honestly say the zgemma h2s box 80% of the time is ok but it freezes on certain channels,
I was thinking of a vu box but have decided to order a mag 256 as my mrs chews my ear off when tv freezes,lol

ive used to different iptv providers and can honestly say the zgemma h2s box 80% of the time is ok but it freezes on certain channels,
I was thinking of a vu box but have decided to order a mag 256 as my mrs chews my ear off when tv freezes,lol
Setting up a dozen of them as we speak for friends and family and you have chosen the best option si111,Any one pissing about with other boxes that they are having issues with i just dont understand,Magbox 254/256 and a decent broadband speed around 20 mbps and a decent provider and that is the finest setup you can have for iptv,OK i have a vu and xtrend but just for pure watching streamed tv and a half decent layout its the best,Plain and simple like bake beans,What it says on the tin it is the best,Ebay is full of people flogging their zgemma boxes,Pick one up for about a tennor now

Last edited:
I can just imagine what the wife would say lol
She is convinced I'm a hoarder, dunno why its not like my man cave is full of retro computers (OK it is but that's beside the point). I don't think you can ever have enough zx spectrums hehe

Is there anyway to strip out (so to speak) the zgemma h2s sat set up so it no longer is running? I wouldn't mind putting the zgemma somewhere else in the house for occasional viewing?

I have experience with several boxes. I have a Zgemma H2H with virmen in the family room. a zgemma hth running sly in our bedroom and in the study i have a roku box running plex server, a mag 254 a android box running a few apk's and a zgemma i55 box.

the differences between the mag 254 and zgemma i55 are mainly in the user interface. Using iptv i find the mag and i55 both have the same amount of stability. I love the i55 as i have it set up exactly the same way as my H2H box running wooshbuild. its slick and pro looking. the 254 is very basic, but basic works without a hitch.

ive found it difficult to get a decent set up on the i55 as not alot of providers cater for the boxes. but i have recently taken out a sub and have been blown away by it. not only has all the channels been split into appropriate bouquets but there is a fully working epg and also allows you to record.

The only thing i noticed is the vod feature with the mag254 works better than on the i55.

it will ultimately come down to personal preference i love the way the i55 works at the moment looks top notch. but the simplicity of the mag will be appealing to others.

The zgemma h2h can run iptv but it struggles with some of the FHD channels taking a little longer to load.

I have experience with several boxes. I have a Zgemma H2H with virmen in the family room. a zgemma hth running sly in our bedroom and in the study i have a roku box running plex server, a mag 254 a android box running a few apk's and a zgemma i55 box.

the differences between the mag 254 and zgemma i55 are mainly in the user interface. Using iptv i find the mag and i55 both have the same amount of stability. I love the i55 as i have it set up exactly the same way as my H2H box running wooshbuild. its slick and pro looking. the 254 is very basic, but basic works without a hitch.

ive found it difficult to get a decent set up on the i55 as not alot of providers cater for the boxes. but i have recently taken out a sub and have been blown away by it. not only has all the channels been split into appropriate bouquets but there is a fully working epg and also allows you to record.

The only thing i noticed is the vod feature with the mag254 works better than on the i55.

it will ultimately come down to personal preference i love the way the i55 works at the moment looks top notch. but the simplicity of the mag will be appealing to others.

The zgemma h2h can run iptv but it struggles with some of the FHD channels taking a little longer to load.
About time someone spoke some common sence,Been saying it for 18 months,Like i posted above,If you like playing around with skins and plugins then the i55 is the one,For easy setup then the mag is a great option but 2 good boxes,The i55 will run on slower broadband speeds

Thanks guys for all your feedback. It is appreciated. I have a virmin line so was considering H2H as unsure how stable IPTV is. Dont want to fork out for say i55 and and a sub and few months down the line especially when footy is on I regret going IPTV route due to freezing issues hence if I buy H2H then I can easily switch, test both or even have both. What are people's experience with IPTV. If you find a good supplier is it very stable and freezes very little especially during footy.

A mate of mine has a H2S. I set up a test line for him so played about with it at my house first. Quality was very good and all channels worked very well. I had an issue with it. After every so often I kept on getting an error message saying do you want to play the next video and it froze until I selected Yes. It happened a few times within a space of an hour. I mentioned to my supplier and he said its because of your box and suggested I buy i55

My friend then tried the same box and same test lime at his house (few doors away) and so far hasn't got the error message. So unsure why it happened at my house and not his. My broadband is with Vermin - Fibre optic and he is on BT (unsure of speed). This now make me think shall I buy the H2H due to the error message or not as really want that due to the flexibility it will give me. I can try another line to see if it is line issue but no box to try. Has anyone come across this error message?

Simple answer is that,You are on virgin so any cable box is the way to go,Do not bother with the zgemma crap and look at something like the edision or technomate which have 2 year warrenties,Can not say where to look BUT WOS WILL HELP

Back