Disk is not writeable

stevesmiff

My Zgemma H9 Twin has started displaying the message:

"Can't continue recording. Disk full? Disk is not writeable!"

I have 60% space left on HD so not a space issue. This popped up while watching a program so assumed it was the timeshift failing. I then also noticed my timers were not recording. I could still access the filelist and watch items that were already saved on the HD but it refused to record anything new. I powered down, removed the HD from the rear, powered back up and re-inserted the HD. Everything was back to normal and fully working but then 5 days later is has started happening again.

Been using the system for several years in this fashion so my settings should be fine. Feels like maybe the onset of a HD failure. Any ideas on what I can do/check?

can you not low level format the hd then put it back in I’m not too familiar with newer zgemma models

Any type of format is erasure is it not , internal or external should not matter and be in ext4 to be useable.

I might only inserted hdd when box is powered off ?

When you are finished recording and delete them do you empty the trash out = deleted items?

My Zgemma H9 Twin has started displaying the message:

"Can't continue recording. Disk full? Disk is not writeable!"

I have 60% space left on HD so not a space issue. This popped up while watching a program so assumed it was the timeshift failing. I then also noticed my timers were not recording. I could still access the filelist and watch items that were already saved on the HD but it refused to record anything new. I powered down, removed the HD from the rear, powered back up and re-inserted the HD. Everything was back to normal and fully working but then 5 days later is has started happening again.

Been using the system for several years in this fashion so my settings should be fine. Feels like maybe the onset of a HD failure. Any ideas on what I can do/check?
best put it on a pc and use dispart to delete and remake the partition.

Back