Drones.. DJI Spark.

Drones seem like a cool hobby mate.

Expensive but cool lol.

How fast does your drone go and guessing it can record when flying about?

Drones seem like a cool hobby mate.

Expensive but cool lol.

How fast does your drone go and guessing it can record when flying about?
That particular Drone films in 4k
But YouTube compress the file. As I will not pay their silly prices to play in HD

Flying time per battery 24 minutes..
I was trying new motors on that drone I reached 48mph,

Thats fast tbf

Battery usage seems the biggest negative it seems with drones.

Guessing you have to keep changing batteries or recharging frequently?

Would be good if battery usage would be couple of hours at max in the future for drones.

I’ve always liked the idea of getting one, how difficult is it editing the footage for YouTube?

Tried doing a couple of holiday vids off my GoPro before and was taking an age to edit so gave up in the end.

Batterys I use are lithium polymer, 20+ minutes is ground breaking, compared to just 2 years ago cannot see batteries lasting longer than 30 minutes anytime soon ..dji mavic mini weighs 250g. That gets 28mins
The drone I was using in that video 750g but will
travel 3.5 miles no break in reception.

On average I use 4 .. I scout a location for pylons etc.. average pylon is 90ft.. editing is work in progress. YouTube compress the file, unless you pay a monthly fee
I upload in 4k. Comes out looking crap as I refuse to pay.
If I stream to tv. Looks perfect

I’ve always liked the idea of getting one, how difficult is it editing the footage for YouTube?

Tried doing a couple of holiday vids off my GoPro before and was taking an age to edit so gave up in the end.
Entry drone dji Spark. Or dji mavic mini.. quite easy to fly. Just find a large open field.. no obstacles.
Then Basic is take off & land. Learn left & right.

Batterys I use are lithium polymer, 20+ minutes is ground breaking, compared to just 2 years ago cannot see batteries lasting longer than 30 minutes anytime soon ..dji mavic mini weighs 250g. That gets 28mins

Hi Stuss. Excellent info supplied there mate(y)
Regarding the battery life, a 4k camera will drain the battery in no time when switched on. If the drone were just flying and not recording how much extra flight time would there be?

Regarding the battery life, a 4k camera will drain the battery in no time when switched on. If the drone were just flying and not recording how much extra flight time would there be?

Sometimes without recording
Simply plot a route and fly via waypoints, I have achieved 4 miles..then obviously you realise your flying against the wind on your return journey.
4miles is achievable,
Recording in 4k reduces battery life and takes a lot of memory on micro sd card.. I tend to whilst recording in 4k, 1 minute record stop and start again..then stitch footage together
But if static objects not an issue.

If really active and fancy a drone with true ability to follow you on say trial bike/ mountain bike
Skydio2. Made in USA ultimate in tracking a subject, I ordered mine in November, delivery not expected until ?
And skydio charged £100 deposit.. I am batch 2. What ever that entails.

Quick snippet from this morning. Needs editing and colour..
I used a Polarpro ND32 filter, not a ND8 as I should of hence dull & lifeless video.. 3 hours wasted :sleep:
Looks ok to me mate. It's really a snapshot in history and shows the amount of rain and silt we have been having this last month. Raw footage is better than edited IMO.

Looks ok to me mate. It's really a snapshot in history and shows the amount of rain and silt we have been having this last month. Raw footage is better than edited IMO.
Sorry mate just seen that post.
The water levels are about a metre higher than in previous years.. but luckily there are over spill lakes, but agree prevention would be better than cure..
Bit like this isopropanol alcohol
I use to wash filters on my drone. Now it's used as a hand sanitizer :sneaky:

Attachments

• 20200305_114543.jpg
    20200305_114543.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Well done mate your skills have certainly developed from the first video you posted, I thought that was good but now (y) soon be a professional .

Well done mate your skills have certainly developed from the first video you posted, I thought that was good but now (y) soon be a professional .
The video was uploaded via 4G
That's why it looks a little jerky.
Will run it through a pc later..thanks by the way(y)

Back