dsayers2014 vix4.100 series for the h2h with one set of bouquets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsayers2014

VIP Member
File updated to allow automatic download of the latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

Please use this openatv image here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...2014-openatv-image-h-2h-one-set-bouquets.html as I can no longer support this image thanks

Vix4.1.010 27/06/2016 for the zgemma H2.H with Kiddacs Vskin and set with one set of bouquets rather than 2

26/08/2016
small update to the web server

Please note this is only for the for the new model h.2h with both vm and sky connection and subs

if you want to use cable only try Bioheads image http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html

vix4.1.010 for the zgemma H2.H with Kiddacs Vskin hd v1.010 includes slyk1HD v4.003 with epg tabs just set as your skin

included in this backup

mgcamd1.38 and cccam2.30
iptv player customised to remove a lot of the foreign sources
OpenVix Custom EPG with channel numbers on epg this plugin also allows you to change the functions of the colored buttons on epg
crossepg for sat and epg refresh for cable
catchflush plugin
Dream-Explorer
Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders thanks to grog68
the latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml is downloaded every time the box scans abm thanks to wooshman for the great help
if you've downloaded the beta test customupdater plugin please uninstall it portal red to remove plugins, extentions and select the customupdater
this is not needed abm does it for you

This backup has been set to generate one set of bouquets by replacing the non available
sky hd channels with vm hd channels so the channel numbers will be the same as sky 106 sky 1hd and 107 is sky living hd
crossepg for sky and epg refresh for cable

new way to download it
ftp imagebackups file to media/hdd/
imagebacups.jpg

menu
setup
vix
image manager
blue to restore

or if using the usual usb flash with the zgemma on a formatted usb stick turn of box using back power button insert usb in back and switch on using back button then box should change from usb to flash.

download here
:download:

Set with mgcamd1.38. & cccam2.3 and with all mg_cfg and newcamd.list and CCcam.cfg files needed in place! Just edit your details in and reboot! DO NOT SEND YOUR FILES IN. EDIT WHATS ALREADY THERE

Do not online update Vix on any box from Airsat (ibox/zgemma). I have updates turned off anyway.

OK. Basically u need a usb or hard drive that can be wiped and devoted to the box.
That will store program guide and recordings and timeshift to rewind TV etc.
4gb is minimum I'd recommend. But more is better.
Once image is flashed and u edit ur newcamd.list file in usr/keys or CCcam.cfg in /etc with filezilla. a guide is at the bottom of the page
Get the permanent USB/hdd onto a PC and quick format it.

ZGEMMA DISHCABLE'S SETTUP
plug one dish cable into tuner A(sat). and the second cable into B(vm).
You will need to plug kenable F Type Screw Connector Socket to RF Coax Aerial Male Adapter to plug into tuner b
rf adapter.jpg

then
menu, setup, service searching,Tuner configuration,
select Tuner B: and input your network id
tuner configuration.jpg
check here for a list of network ids cable netids
you will need both sat and cable leads connected aswell as a sub for both

added info: you will also need a network connection for scanning channels and to unscramble the channels
either use a lan cable, home plugs or wifi adapter. lan cable or home plugs is recommended for a more stable connection
please do not post in this thread regarding wifi adapters as i dont use them so i cannot offer support

h2h setup.jpg

USB/ HARD DRIVE SETUP
Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
initialise hard drive.jpg
Exit all

I don’t think the newer models need swapfile but if you want to enable it
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.
Hold power button on remote for 3 secs and select Restart (not GUI)

(If u are using a large enough usb/HDD u may want to go to
Menu
Setup
System
Timeshift settings
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
As it is u must press pause to start timeshift)

If you find that the screen is to large/small/off to side:
Menu
Setup
System
User interface
Position setup
U can change about here. Including transparency of windows.

TO SETUP ABM
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Please only change the following settings leave the rest as they are
Sky ROI should be yes ROI:HD no bouquets should be generated
Sky UK :area. Change from north west yorkshire HD to your area HD not sd or custom by pressing right or left.
abm sky area.jpg
You may want to go down and change sky uk channel swap to no if you don’t have bbc and itv hd versions in your area

Then virgin(uk): area change 41064 York(ff Leeds) to your net id
abm virgin area.jpg
no need to generate other bouquets apart from generate main bouquet should be yes
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Exit all
Hold power Restart

TO SETUP EPG
I have set-up crossepg for sat and epgrefresh for cable

For crossepg (sat)
Menu
setup
Cross EPG
Download now. Takes 5-10 mins. Will seem like its stuck on Loading Data. Wait.
crossepg downlader.jpg
Happens automatically at 6 am anyway.
Exit all
Hold power again and restart.

For epgrefresh (cable) go to all channels bouquet select vm preview channel and press blue button then epg refresh now this is setup to automatically run at 5.30 am.
epgrefresh.jpg

Kiddacs Vskin hd v1.010
auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set
cross epg setup to hdd
Includes mgcamd, cccam, openwebif, picture player, Media scanner, Dream-Explorer, iptv Player, epg refresh and cachflush
all frequencies up to date abm set to replace non working sat hd channels with cable

To change the resolution
this image is set to 720p for people with lower resolution tvs if you want to change it menu, setup, system, A/V settings highlight mode and
press right to change to 1080p then green ok
av settings.jpg

To install picons if you want

google and find a picon folder.
ftp the picon folder to /usr/share/enigma2
or media/hdd if your using a lot of plugins

graphical infobar epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.
then graphical epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.

Then channel selection settings.
show picons In service list. Change to yes.

this also includes slyk1hd with epg tabs to to set it as your skin press menu, setup, system, user interface, skin setup and select slyk1 hd

check here for the latest version of slyk1 hd and how to customise (when upgrading slyk1hd when enabling epg tabs just edit the extras.xml dont replace the epgselection.py)
Slyk 1 HD (sly skin) Version 3 - Now Available

or here for the latest version of kiddacs vskin
New Skin - Vskin HD

Idiots Guide for adding your line with Filezilla
On your Box Menu > Info> Network > Get your box IP address
Open up Filezilla Host (top left ) Type in IP address Username root Leave others blank Press Quickconnect
Box should then connect to computer Left side computer, Right hand box
connect.jpg
For N lines
On right hand side locate usr Double click it Then Keys Double click It You should now see 2 files Mg and Newcamd list On Newcamd list Left click/right click Then click View/Edit
nline.png
( It may ask you what program you wish to view the file choose Notepad) You will see 2 samples of what your line should look like
nline paste.jpg
either edit your line details or Delete up to CWS = (space either side of = )
Copy and past your line Less the N: in its place
Disconnect from Filezilla By Clicking the X just under bookmarks top of page
Press blue button on remote control >.Softcam Manager Select Mg 1.38 and retsart cam (yellow button)
softcam setup.jpg
Restart box (not with GUI)
For C lines
Instead of usr/keys on box Your line goes Complete with the C in the CCcam.cfg file in the Ect folder
cccam.png
on box and select CCcam and start in Softcam manager (green button) and choose restart cam (yellow button) and restart box
Hope it helps

creating a backup

once done you may want to create a backup so you can reflash if needed at a later date

Creating a backup for usb flash
vix
1. Go to menu, setup, vix, image manger and press green for new backup this process will take a while and seems to stop at 18% but don’t worry its just creating the backup

2. FTP to media/hdd and click on imagebackups and transfer the folder that says dsayers2014-openvixrelease-numbers.zip to desktop

3. on desktop unzip the openatv folder and you should see a zgemma folder drag that to desktop open it then open the h3 folder inside there you should see 3 folders karnel, imageversion and roofs.bin leave it open

4. now go to my original backup and you should see force in the h3 folder place that in your backup and you should be good to go and place the zgemma folder in a usb to flash another box or yours if you need to reflash.
If you want to reflash your box and still can go through the menus go to menu, setup,vix, imagemanager and press blue to restore

screen shots below enjoy

information.jpg

epg.jpg

channel select.jpg

plugins.jpg

Last edited:
Hi dsayers will this work if I only have vermin and not sat connected?
No sat and cable only because of the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file you can ftp usr ,lib, enigma2, python, system plugins, autobouqets marker, custom and delete it then you should be able to use it if not use bio heads or dillyp Bacup

Just to reiterate - been using the older image and this newer one now as well and it's awesome! Can't wait for KIDDACS new skin over the top and I just don't know how it could get any better! :)

Just joined this forum, have been reading and trying to understand. I have just purchased the Zgemma h2h, and will be following your tutorial and your image. It looks great

here we go again sorry followed instruction start scanning and it fails got my net id correct autbouquetsmaker says timeout tuner lock please help thanks

@ dsayer2014, love your vix4.1 image mate top notch. I have an issue with the 7 day EPG on the cable side as it only seems to give me 1 day, when I press next 24hrs nothing appears next to channels.
Is this something within the image or do I need to edit some sort of settings within the skin? Any help would be appreciated. The sky 7 day EPG is bang on no issues.

Moved to your new image to give it thread a bump - excellent work and working fine with just Syke input ;)
Few minors issues - some channels are missing eg Atlantic +1, ITV Be - whats best way to get these back in?
Also the EPG force update does not seem to fill in all info is this normal

For grossepg should be fulling all the data for sat
Moved to your new image to give it thread a bump - excellent work and working fine with just Syke input ;)
Few minors issues - some channels are missing eg Atlantic +1, ITV Be - whats best way to get these back in?

Itv Be sd is set to be replaced with virgins HD channel
If you're using just sat you need to delete the custom.xml file ftp /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom and delete the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml reboot box then start scan
You will also need to disable EPGRefresh press portal choose EPGrefresh change Refresh EPG automatically to no

---------- Post Merged at 06:06 PM ----------

Thanks to donerkebab for highlighting that sky Atlantic+1 was missing ive managed to amend that in the custom xml file extract this to desktop View attachment sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.rar ftp the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom
reboot box and start scan. This is only for people using sat and cable

Last edited:
Great image dsayer2014 working a treat. I do have one issue though, I cant seem to get the 7 day EPG on cable side, its only giving me 1 day, is this normal or is there a fix? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Hi,

With this image, I understand you get one set of bouquets for all channels.

When you want to record something, does it automatically choose a specific tuner and then are you able to move to a different channel using the other tuner.

I like to record on sly side (sd - Less space) and then watch live TV in HD.

Also, if I already have my image setup using 4.1, can I just ftp the file across?

Thanks

No it doesn't choose a specific tuner but if you record a sd channel there sky so you can watch hd channels virgin or go to the last bouquet all channels there the vm channels.

Yes you can do the same setup with the h1 use the file from post 10 ftp it in the same location on the h1 and setup autobouqete marker the same as the h2h.
Yes you can use the ftp method it's much easier than messing around with usb sticks.

Thanks, does that mean if I record a show on one channel, to watch something on a different channel (possibly different transponder) then I would need to go to the v bouquet? Are you aware of any clever ways it selects the free tuner based on channel name?

For grossepg should be fulling all the data for sat

Itv Be sd is set to be replaced with virgins HD channel
If you're using just sat you need to delete the custom.xml file ftp /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom and delete the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml reboot box then start scan
You will also need to disable EPGRefresh press portal choose EPGrefresh change Refresh EPG automatically to no

---------- Post Merged at 06:06 PM ----------

Thanks to donerkebab for highlighting that sky Atlantic+1 was missing ive managed to amend that in the custom xml file extract this to desktop View attachment 17477 ftp the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom
reboot box and start scan. This is only for people using sat and cable

Thanks for that will give it a try for the missing channels. What I mean about the EPG is some channels will be missing any EPG info. So the EPG auto refreshes over night? I am slightly worried how hot the Zgemma box is running especially in the hot weather so would prefer to shut down overnight.

You can change the time crossepg runs in crossepg choose configure and change the time have you taken off the plastic film around the box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back