dsayers2014 vix4.100 series for the h2h with one set of bouquets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, does that mean if I record a show on one channel, to watch something on a different channel (possibly different transponder) then I would need to go to the v bouquet? Are you aware of any clever ways it selects the free tuner based on channel name?

It will pick the tuner of the channel your watching say sky1 hd it will pick the virgin tuner so you can watch one on sky.
You can record multiple channels at the same time depending on the frequency select a program to record press down for epg the channels that are dull you can't record or watch but you can watch the highlighted ones keep pressing record and you will be able to see what channels you can still watch
see screenshot.
recordings.jpg
Try not to record too many at the same time because it will put too much pressure on your hard drive and box

---------- Post Merged at 07:50 AM ----------

If I install this do I need to have both cable and sky active

Try bioheads image http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html that's been configured just for cable

Last edited:
Hi,

I have been given a line for both VM and Sly and have Wooshmans build install. I really like the Sky skin but finding having to scroll through so many channels ( many not working as well) difficult to cope with.

it looks like from the above that your program only pulls in channels that are working for both VM and Sly.

Can you please confirm if the list can somehow also be used on Wooshmans build as like the Sly setup as well as other features.

regards Bl.

Hi Dsayers,

I have spoken to Wooshman and it does not sound that it is straight forward, although autoBoutiques has also been included but not that good with stuff like that.

I shall give your install ago and hopefully not get stuck in the process, as really like the VM skin.

regards BL.

Last edited:
Hi Dsayers,

I have downloaded the folder imagebackups as outlined above but the file is not present when you search Zgemma.

Can you please confirm if the whole folder needs to be moved over of one of the files within the folder, as you do mention file above, although the folder has been selected.

regards BL.

Hi,

I am about to flash this image on a new h2h box, as box is not on it I assume I will need to do the usb flash mode.

The folder does not have the same amount of files as the standard vix flash folder (Zgemma) there is no force file in here... Do I need this?

Hi Dsayers,

I have downloaded the folder imagebackups as outlined above but the file is not present when you search Zgemma.

Can you please confirm if the whole folder needs to be moved over of one of the files within the folder, as you do mention file above, although the folder has been selected.

regards BL.

if your using the ftp method you need to ftp (right click choose upload) the whole imagebackups folder within that you should have a zipfile dsayesayers2014-openvix-4.1001-zgemmah2h-release-5.3.0-20160509_131724.zip and within that you should have the zgemma folder.

---------- Post Merged at 07:31 PM ----------

Hi,

I am about to flash this image on a new h2h box, as box is not on it I assume I will need to do the usb flash mode.

The folder does not have the same amount of files as the standard vix flash folder (Zgemma) there is no force file in here... Do I need this?

that should be named force ill have a look at it. if it says no force it means you have to press the front power button as soon as you see usb

Hi Dsayers, I have managed to install the script but keep getting the following error

Hi Dsayers,

regards BL.

Hi Dsayers,

I can confirm the location to add the files is actually within a directory called iamges, hence my confusion. The good news is that I have managed to install the image. Although although after spending all day trying to resolve the channel issues, I would be really grateful for any advice on the matter.

I have reloaded the script, deleted boutiques, updated EPG etc to no avail.

The issue is that some of the channels appear ( including HD ) but a large amount have the error message in the images appearing.

I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

Kind regards BL.Dsayers2.jpgDsayers.jpg

sid not found normally happens if the channel isn't aired till a certain time ie bbc4 try this: -

Goto a bouquet.

Then press the coloured button for satellites, think its yellow.

choose cable and choose a channel from there and see if that works

Thank you Dsayers,

Sorry to show my absolute 'thickness'! but do you mind clarifying what you mean by boutique please? Are you referring to a channel?

regards BL.

Thank you Dsayers,

I can confirm that after pressing the 'yellow' button when in the channel, you get the option to choose other channels. That is what I did and successfully managed to connect.

Although 2 questions now come to light:

1. Even though you are given the option to press an alternative channel ( or in some cases quite a few choices), the channel that you choose does not work. Can you please advise on how to get around this?

2. Having to press the 'yellow' button each time would prove to be quite frustrating, considering most of my channels do not work. Is there a way to resolve this issue.

Again Dsayers, thank you kindly for creating this image as well as your support.

Kind regards BL.

Hi Dsayers,

Sent you the netid for reference. Also can you please confirm if I should have completed the ROI element, as although it sounds optional in your guide, you also mention at the end of the Sky setup on auto boutiques above to add ROI.

'You need roi yes then roi area hd turn other bouquets to no
Sky UK :area. Change from north west yorkshire HD to your area HD not sd or custom by pressing right or left.
You may want to go down and change sky uk channel swap to no if you don’t have bbc and itv hd versions in your area
Sky ROI should be yes ROI:HD no bouquets should be generated;.
Regards BL.

I have roi hd enabled to add setanta hd in the sports bouquet. There's no need to generate any bouquets.
Sorry I'm not sure why your getting sid not found you can try another backup like bioheads to see if it's an issue with the box or image

Thanks Dsayers,

I am sure it is not the image and hopefully not the box either.

I shall take a closer look at it as advised tomorrow.

Thank you again. BL.

Hi,

I uploaded be xml file to the location in post 11 on my existing setup... But the channels would not swap... Is there any instructions on what to do for existing images to take advantage of the custom xml?

When the epg is scheduled will this still use the custom file?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back