Dublin Bus Driver tells me "I'll run you over", "You're gonna die".

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
[video=youtube;RwqRqIvo4GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwqRqIvo4GU[/video]

Dublin Bus probes driver-cyclist row

DUBLIN BUS HAS said it is investigating a complaint after a video was uploaded to YouTube showing a bus veering into a cycle lane beside a cyclist.

bus-gif.gif

The footage was allegedly taken on Arran Quay on the morning of 28 May and was uploaded by the cyclist, who said he was left “shaken” by the incident.

The cyclist, who filmed the incident on a camera attached to his helmet, is seen moving across in front of the bus and confronting the driver through the window afterwards.

bus-driver-2-630x346.jpg

In this interaction, the driver can be heard saying: “Just go in front of me, I’ll run you over, no problem.”

He can also be heard saying it “doesn’t matter if it’s a cycle lane”.

In a statement this evening, Dublin Bus confirmed it had received a complaint today about an incident involving a cyclist which occurred last Thursday and said it is being “investigated fully”.

All incidents or accidents are investigated fully and if any breaches are found, appropriate action is taken internally.

The company added that all of its drivers are “trained to the highest standard” and undergo an extensive programme, with refresher courses every two years.

“All training undertaken by Dublin Bus includes a strong emphasis on cyclist safety, and in particular how drivers should at all times be aware of cyclists moving in and around their vehicles,” it said. “This includes the importance of maintaining proper road position to afford adequate space to cyclists and raising awareness around the checking of blind spots where cyclists might suddenly appear.”

No I didn't, I said if you keep cycling like that and you will be killed. ;)

That cyclist is a tw@t of the highest order ( not cyclists - him). He cut the shit out of that video, the particular junction has a bus stop that means a bus MUST cross the bike lane (it also isn't a mandatory cycle lane, thus invalidating his excerpt from the rules of the road).
He has many, many videos up on youtube and you will notice he never makes a mistake, everyone else does.
I have come across him several times, and he breaks lights, changes lanes without a care, overtakes fellow cyclists by swerving out into the other lane causing others to take emergency action in fact he nearly clipped another cyclist in this video, I could go on, but I know it sounds like I'm being defensive.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hi gman, which is the worst experience, being a mod or a cyclist.

It could be worse Flutered, you could be me - A Cyclist Bus Driver, who is a mod here LOL Aso a Shop steward in the garage that the driver in the video works out of:dunno:

Back