E2iStream

I did a Whooshbuild update to Infinity this morning and the list of skins under Green>Green>Skins contain none that mention Sky at all. the oly mention I can find of Sky is under the "Skincomponents" sub-menu where it has "skyrecorder-fhd-skin". There is no other mention of Sky/Sly/Slyk anywhere. I can only assume that the list has been amended and all of the Sky-type skins have been removed for some reason.
Press BLUE on Remote. Select System, select Skin Setup to see list of installed skins.

From the e2iplayer plugin on grogs build i think he has it set for updates to. I will check with him later and if not i will ask him to update a couple of things on there. I have updated a couple of new feeds on my version which can be added. To my knowledge this is the only build which has this working version with auto updates and ongoing support (y) Not sure on willo but sure he will add it soon as well.

Press BLUE on Remote. Select System, select Skin Setup to see list of installed skins.
No, its not installed (only default and MetrixHD). i downloaded a different one from the plugins-skins menu just to make sure I could do it (Blue-line-OE-4ATV) and could install that one no problem although, as its all in German, I went straight back to MetrixHD.

The fact you can do woosh shows you can follow an easy guide. Woosh is not working for you so why not flash Grogbuild instead ?? Its far more up to date and has the skin you need which is the latest version and also the updated plugin i have done on the other thread for e2iplayer with a load of working links and ongoing support. Both run openatv and grog keeps it running tip top. Takes half the time woosh takes to flash to.

Just click on resources at the top of the page.
I think you were probably aiming that response to me. I have used Whooshbuild for a few years now so I'm not sure that changing builds will help. I use an IPTV provider and I'm not sure whether that would work with Grogbuild? Maybe it would though. Is there an idiot's guide to Grogbuild?

I also still have a line so, presumably, if I change to Grogbuild I would need to re-install that?

No, its not installed (only default and MetrixHD). i downloaded a different one from the plugins-skins menu just to make sure I could do it (Blue-line-OE-4ATV) and could install that one no problem although, as its all in German, I went straight back to MetrixHD.
MetrixHD is my favourite and tells me the local weather (change your town in the settings) but is only in WooshBuild not in GrogBuild. Normally WooshBuild Infinity includes SkyQ, SkyNew & WBFreeSat skins in Plugins, may have changed and will check later.

WB is like any pre made build as in it has all the component parts already added to the image so the user can go straight to setting things up, a self build is the same but with only the plugins/components parts you wish to add to it. What this means is you can add/remove components as you wish.... Chabs skin .ipk is one component & therefore can be installed on its own: ether place the .ipk onto a clean USB formatted into NTFS & connect it to your box or transfer the .ipk directly to your boxes HDD/USB as ether will work... once the .ipk flie is connected to the box you can navigate to it & install (reboot after installing any .ipk is required).

The method for installing can vary a little depending on the build/image you are using but in general for an ATV based build its simple: press BLUE button then in left hand panel scroll to & select PLUGINS, then on the right hand side of the panel go to install .ipk's, from here navigate to wherever you placed the .ipk file, place a tick in the box & install. REBOOT box... once rebooted go through the remotes menu to find where the skins are located & select the newly installed skin (gui requires restart). lots of words to describe what is a simple process but if I were to describe how to open a door that too would very wordy for a simple action

Try looking at resources where i said. As for your iptv and line it will ask you if you want to save those or enter any details as it flashes the box stage by stage. When was the last time you seen woosh on here ?? Grogs build is pretty much the same but a much updated version and on going support.You either choose to take take good advise when given or keep ploughing on and on fixing problems like you are having now. Skin ?? e2i plugin outed ?? Need i go on.
Hi, thanks for your input. To be honest, I usually visit these forums when I need help (i.e. when something stops working!!) so I only see Whoosh on here (as its me that is posting). There is no point me coming on here and offering help to anyone as, it is plain to see, I know nowt about these things!

I appreciate your advice but as I have never heard of Grogbuild before I wasn't sure that I should go down that route - whether it was good advice or not. Due to the fact that my knowledge and skill set is very low I am always reluctant to change something that basically works (albeit with some issues) as I am always concerned that I will screw it up and be left with nothing working. I'm sure if I was au fait with all of this as you obviously are then updating and changing things is second nature and you don't give it a thought -but for me, it is a big step

Edit: Presumably all of the support for Grogbuild is in a different forum? This forum (H2S) only shows support for Whooshbuild

MetrixHD is my favourite and tells me the local weather (change your town in the settings) but is only in WooshBuild not in GrogBuild. Normally WooshBuild Infinity includes SkyQ, SkyNew & WBFreeSat skins in Plugins, may have changed and will check later.
On 15 June I installed WB Infinity and the following 5 skins were in the Downloadable Plugins:
skynew v2.005
skyq v3.000
skyq v3.500
skywb v1.008
wbfreesat v1.000

at one time most people made their own images then a few members started to make a standardized image that most could use to save new members struggling, Wooshbuild - Grogbuild - Willobuild are a few popular builds that were made right here by TK members. A huge amount of time & effort has gone into both making & testing... a credit to TK's members

On 15 June I installed WB Infinity and the following 5 skins were in the Downloadable Plugins:
skynew v2.005
skyq v3.000
skyq v3.500
skywb v1.008
wbfreesat v1.000
Hi, thanks for checking. If I could show you a screenshot of the list I have I'm sure it would help to show that they aren't there. Just to sanity check that I am doing this right - Green>Green>Skins and then scroll through?

Assuming I am doing this right then there are definitely no Sky skins at all

at one time most people made their own images then a few members started to make a standardized image that most could use to save new members struggling, Wooshbuild - Grogbuild - Willobuild are a few popular builds that were made right here by TK members
Yes, thanks, I understand that. It was the creation of Whooshbuild that made me decide to get a Zgemma as, before that, when I read up about it I found it was just too confusing for me. Obviously, having everything there all automatically done and just needing to follow a few simple instructions to set up has meant that I don't understand how it works so I am confused as hell when it doesn't!

Hi, thanks for checking. If I could show you a screenshot of the list I have I'm sure it would help to show that they aren't there. Just to sanity check that I am doing this right - Green>Green>Skins and then scroll through?

Assuming I am doing this right then there are definitely no Sky skins at all
Yes you are doing it right. Very strange. I will do a fresh WB install later and report back.

been a long time since Ive use anyones build but on ATV the menu should take you to where the skins are located: Menu/setup/useage&gui/skinsetup

Simple solution for you, follow Moshis advice from post 21, change to Grog freerange, its got all the plug ins you need and its a great straight forward build.
I once changed from WB to GB, but I missed my MetrixHD Skin with local Weather Icon - so I went straight back to WB!!!

Simple solution for you, follow Moshis advice from post 21, change to Grog freerange, its got all the plug ins you need and its a great straight forward build.
Maybe simple for you! Like I said, I am very wary of screwing it all up as I have absolutely no idea how to sort it out if I do (as must be very evident form my postings today)

I was on WB for a few years, but I started having to re flash the boxes more often than ever so I switched to compare the two, this was a few years ago, I just think Grog freerange works far better for me, no more re flashing, unless I bollocks it up myself.

Back