E2iStream

I've edited & updated my last post, updating box software corrected my issue
I only installed yesterday - wouldn't it have pulled in the latest versions of everything?

I've got another slightly annoying thing going on. It keeps reverting to the audio description audio channel. I can change it in the remote but is there a way of setting a general preference so it doesn't keep doing this?

there are updates every night so if an issue is found by the dev's it can be corrected quickly
Audio: press the yellow button for the audio shortcut & change the setting as it will be set to narrated by default

there are updates every night so if an issue is found by the dev's it can be corrected quickly
Audio: press the yellow button for the audio shortcut & change the setting as it will be set to narrated by default
I've done that but it had reverted to NAR - presumably after a reboot? Is there any way to ensure that it always defaults to the "normal" audio and won't revert back? Is there a setting anywhere to tell it to ignore NAR?

Just to say that I scheduled an EPG update for early this morning but I still haven't got any info on my IPTV channels :cry:
No idea why this isn't working as I have it ticked and its mounted to HDD (member's suggestions for a fix).
Also, I have a lot of channel lists on this version of grog and I tried to remove some extraneous ones from the favourites list (as I have previously with Whooshbuild) but when I try then the box freezes up and I have to hard boot to get out of the "blue circle of death". Not such an issue as the EPG but thought I would mention it in case a) it was linked to my other issue or b) there's an easy fix.

As many of you will know I was reluctant to move from Whoosh to Grog as I feared that I would end up with more issues than I started with and, unfortunately, this appears to have been the case in this instance :sneaky: . Still, it's all a learning experience I suppose.
Eyup, live events won't populate until there is a live event due ( if you are waiting for a say boxing match update iptv 30 mins before the match is due to start)
to delete normal channels I think it's from full screen tv, press tv button then menu scroll down to delete (think it lines up with number 8) and delete carry on until you got rid of all the ones you want the use the purge option to stop them coming back.

Eyup, live events won't populate until there is a live event due ( if you are waiting for a say boxing match update iptv 30 mins before the match is due to start)
to delete normal channels I think it's from full screen tv, press tv button then menu scroll down to delete (think it lines up with number 8) and delete carry on until you got rid of all the ones you want the use the purge option to stop them coming back.
You have misunderstood my use of the word "live". What I was referring to are the channels that aren't VOD (Sky Sports, Discovery etc) not the channels that only show live events.

Purge option?

if you are deleting channels to clean up your list you should 'purge' when finished, open your channel list then press 'menu' while a channel you want to remove is highlighted, this will show a number of options including delete & purge, purge will stop them being put back in to the list.

if you are deleting channels to clean up your list you should 'purge' when finished or the channels will return when the system next runs a scan. open your channel list then press 'menu' while a channel is highlighted, this will show a number of options including delete & purge, purge will stop them being put back in to the list.
Oh, OK thanks. Is there a way to get rid of some of the folder lists? I have tried to do it by going FAV>Menu>Delete but the box locks up and when I reboot the folder is still there

we are way off thread topic (sorry mods) autobuquetsmaker can do this for sat & vm card sharing channels but the IPTV plugin you have uses an alternative plugin to control bouquets (groups/folders), I haven't tried to alter IPTV lists however I have read on here that a lot use other software (E-channelizer or something similar) to 'edit' IPTV lists to their liking.

Oh, OK thanks. Is there a way to get rid of some of the folder lists? I have tried to do it by going FAV>Menu>Delete but the box locks up and when I reboot the folder is still there
Menu>add/update iptv
when it opens press menu
take the green ticks out of what you don't want

You're right, I have taken this way Off topic - sorry everyone.

I'm OK with the IPTV menus it's the Sat ones I want to "rationalise"

it's more my fault as I should have stopped when we went off topic but its easy to forget the tread title when were in the moment, as a tip rather than starting a new thread use the search (top right) to find threads on that topic

Gone through whole thread trying to fix E2iStream. Can someone assist by listing steps for how to uninstall currently installed E2iStream and how to install new E2iStream?

Gone through whole thread trying to fix E2iStream. Can someone assist by listing steps for how to uninstall currently installed E2iStream and how to install new E2iStream?
Have you tried following the link in the very first response to my initial query? There's more info in there.

Back