E2iStream

Interesting. Just "unticked" everything else and left IPTV ticked. Ran a manual update and the IPTV EPG data came in

same here I don't bother with VOD synopsis only the IPTV EPG, VM EPG & a cut down selection on the SAT EPG. The sat side doesn't need the EPG ticking IF its only 'free to air' as I think these are pulled in via the sat feed itself (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

I use same plug in.
I don't download epg for vod series, its too large.
200 titles
Each one may have 10 seasons
Each season may have 20 episodes
99% of which you will never look at
OK, I'm going to surprise everyone with another stupid question!

If you don't load the VOD EPG how do you know what you can see on VOD? I know this will be obvious to you but I can't get my head around it

Does the movie and TV show headings populate in epg as the vod is there just dosnt say what it's about I havnt used this particular plugin for ages last time I used it in the epg it would say like thundercats then in next part across would say same if I remember rightly.

same here I don't bother with VOD synopsis only the IPTV EPG, VM EPG & a cut down selection on the SAT EPG. The sat side doesn't need the EPG ticking IF its only 'free to air' as I think these are pulled in via the sat feed itself (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
I also have non-FTA channels as I still have a line working.

is VOD a big thing to people? I've always thought it was a bit of a gimmick... look how much 'extra' content we give you. I don't think I have ever used the VOD (Mrs will have), I use other methods for the 'extra' content like this thread title E2istream/player

OK, I'm going to surprise everyone with another stupid question!

If you don't load the VOD EPG how do you know what you can see on VOD? I know this will be obvious to you but I can't get my head around it
You go to the vod section
Click on a series
Click on an episode

You are trying to download a synopsis for every episode of every series

is VOD a big thing to people? I've always thought it was a bit of a gimmick... look how much 'extra' content we give you. I don't think I have ever used the VOD (Mrs will have), I use other methods for the 'extra' content like this thread title E2istream/player
Used to use e2iplayer/e2istream ect but since put box away just use vod for TV shows now on Amiko box lol

4k firestick in the spare room for my extra content most of the time because I cant get the remote off the Mrs although we do occasionally watch a movie together (Mrs still has the remote lol)

Does the movie and TV show headings populate in epg as the vod is there just dosnt say what it's about I havnt used this particular plugin for ages last time I used it in the epg it would say like thundercats then in next part across would say same if I remember rightly.
To be honest, I have no idea! The EPG is already in place for that one.

BTW, as an aside, the issues I was having with "the blue circle of death" appear to be linked to my attempts to remove many of the menus from the EPG (there are far to many by default in the Grog build) but I just can't remove them! I have tried doing FAV>MENU>Remove but when I come to exit it just locks up and the menus reappear upon reboot.

EPG importer is just one plugin, it can be installed/removed & settings altered as you wish, open EPG via your menu/setup/epg & the last in its list should be 'settings/setup' have a look through those options.

hmm... I have just checked our EPG settings on our H7C box, it locked up (spinning circle & then crashed), I'm now wondering IF there could be an epg importer update required.

update: I have just checked for software updates & had 47, looking through the list one is for the EPG importer,
updated box, opened EPG via the menu... instant response with no spinning circle. Update your system software if your having issues.

Last edited:
hmm... I have just checked our EPG settings on our H7C box, it locked up (spinning circle & then crashed), I'm now wondering IF there could be an epg importer update required.
Anyone else having issues when in the EPG menu?
Yes, mine is struggling - lots of blue circles but it does work eventually.

I've turned off Virgin and FTA - just to see what it does.

Under the "EPG Import Services" bit I have Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV set with the following ticked:
UK/Ireland - Freesat (xz)
UK/Ireland - FTA (xz)
UK/Ireland - International (xz)
UK/Ireland - Sky 1 (Live on sat) (xy)
UK/Ireland - Sky 2 (Dead on sat) (xz)
UK/Ireland - Sports/Movies (xz)

I have no idea what they all are and whether I need them all?

I've edited & updated my last post, updating box software corrected my issue.
Update or not update software is a mixed bag with many members saying they re-flash rather than update, personally I update my images two or three times a week, issues caused by updating are far & few between these days plus if anything does go wrong via an update then a re-flash is my next move. Most update issue I see have been because people don't update on a weekly basis which means the box can fall so far behind that the system cant manage the sheer size/volume of updates, from personal experience 100- 120 updates is the max before a system will crash mid the process. Weekly updating is fine but monthly is a gamble.

Last edited:
Back