Editing Metadata for recordings

mxtv

Hi can anyone help, I want to edit the metadata from a recording or add metadata to my own movies, how can this be done, ive tried renaming the files etc and it dont work :OL(

You need edEIT and Notepad++. I used to edit them until my missus rumbled the fact that it was actually me who was referring to Tom Cruise as a 'stumpy little ******' and not IMDB or whoever does the writeups.

You need edEIT and Notepad++. I used to edit them until my missus rumbled the fact that it was actually me who was referring to Tom Cruise as a 'stumpy little ******' and not IMDB or whoever does the writeups.

could you explain it a little more in depth as there are 6 files in the recording directory and ive tried renaming or editing them and the metadata just dissapears.

Also I was hoping that I could use this to add metadata to my own files, like Alien - with metadata showing up on my zgemma?

Cheers

The files on the zg are ts which are mpeg2 which don't carry metadata, which are what the other files are for amongst other things.
Download edEIT to edit the eit file and Notepad++ for the meta.

*.ts
file with the DVB Transport Stream, the actual recording
*.eit
file with the EPG info and audio channels info
*.ts.ap
video cut file, for the cut plugin
*.ts.meta
meta info, used for the display of the movie list
*.ts.cuts
stores the last position where the movie was stopped while playing
*.ts.sc
file with info for cutting the movie with the MovieCut plugin.
This file stores several informations about the recorded movie.
E.g. it includes the cut positions for the MovieCut plugin, or structure info about the .ts files for improved fast forward/rewind.
This file is mandatory, without it the movie cannot be played without problems.

If you need it any more in depth you will have to ask someone who regularly plays about with this stuff... I'm just a faffer! (and a googlehound)

Last edited:
Thanks for your time, Not all of my recordings are from the zgemma, i have my movie and tv collection from my nas drive, I was hoping I can create metadata for these to show up on the zgemma?

I don't know if it's possible.
If it has a .ts extension the ZG will read the information from the other files but probably not from avi, mp4, mkv etc because the metadata is embedded in the file.

Let me know if you find a solution because I stream to the ZG from a NAS as well.
There's the Plex option but I didn't get on with it.

Yeah,
I have the dreambox plex plugin on my plex server that works flawlessly in distributing my zgemma channels literally anywhere in the world and with samba on the zgemma installed it also allows to stream my recordings anywhere.
There is a plex plugin that restructures the strings of the files recorded on the zgemma so that the numerical data and the way the TS files are stored changes which means that plex can get the info from IMDB and ITVDB to give the metadata.
but it not really viable for what I want, I just want the zgemma to be able to display metadata for all my content. Nas movies TV shows recordings, I think from what i have read on other forums the movie and tv shows need to be converted to TS on the nas but im still awaiting other responses.
Same with you mate if you get any more info please let me know.
Cheers

Back