eepc black screen

anfieldroad

a friend has just gave me a eepc it charges up but the screen just stays black and nothing happens.i was just wondering if anybody has an idear as to what the problem might be.and whether it would be worth getting fixed or mabey binit

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMjIW5qyq3s]YouTube - Asus Eee PC Review Video #1[/ame]

is this what your talking about anfield?

a friend has just gave me a eepc it charges up but the screen just stays black and nothing happens.i was just wondering if anybody has an idear as to what the problem might be.and whether it would be worth getting fixed or mabey binit

can you connect it to a computer monitor using a vga cable then boot it up and see if there is any display

yes thats the one axxxo,will try and get one of the leads and try it out will let use know how i get on,btw were will i get the lead from

yes thats the one axxxo,will try and get one of the leads and try it out will let use know how i get on,btw were will i get the lead from

If you have computer montior you can unplug it from the computer and plug it into the laptop's vga port it has 15 pins,

Some newer monitors have a dvi port which has a different connection fingers crossed you have vga

i know the one you mean,i havent got a desktop but will get it to someone who has and try it out,its obviesly the lead that goes to the moniter will try it out and let you know,btw thanks for your help

Back