Electrical Implant to treat Depression

Wouldn't mind this type of treatment tbh.

Medication and speaking to people makes squat of a difference from experience.

People who suffer from depression know there isnt much out there to help treat the illness sadly.

Hopefully this form of treatment may be somewhat effective.

There's something I read that is finally being recognised by doctors is Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD) which basically is when you stop SSRI medication there's been many reports of people suffering from permanent sexual dysfunction.

Sexual sides are common I think while on SSRI's but many report these symptoms remain when stopping. I couldn't think of anything worse than being chemically castrated. I understand these Medications are life savers but I couldn't think of much life if this was to happen. It's scary and you don't know how your brain/body will react once put under these drugs and this could well be the outcome. Here is a rxisk post about this exact symptom. Stuff of nightmare fuel. Especially this bit 'PSSD affects both men and women. It can happen after only a few days exposure to an antidepressant and can persist for months, years, or indefinitely. There is no known cure.' Playing with absolute fire.

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction: Symptoms & Diagnosis | RxISK

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
There's something I read that is finally being recognised by doctors is Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD) which basically is when you stop SSRI medication there's been many reports of people suffering from permanent sexual dysfunction.

Sexual sides are common I think while on SSRI's but many report these symptoms remain when stopping. I couldn't think of anything worse than being chemically castrated. I understand these Medications are life savers but I couldn't think of much life if this was to happen. It's scary and you don't know how your brain/body will react once put under these drugs and this could well be the outcome. Here is a rxisk post about this exact symptom. Stuff of nightmare fuel. Especially this bit 'PSSD affects both men and women. It can happen after only a few days exposure to an antidepressant and can persist for months, years, or indefinitely. There is no known cure.' Playing with absolute fire.

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction: Symptoms & Diagnosis | RxISK

View attachment 66004

That's interesting tbh.

I think the major misconception remains in regards to depression and mental illness in society. It's still not looked on as some kind of illness and seems to still be frowned upon.

I have been suffering from severe depression since I was 16 and still to this day. There is no "cure" for it but much more should be done to help combat mental illness as a whole and to help those who sadly end up taking their lives because the support and help wasnt there.

Personally speaking taking therapy, taking various anti depressants and even exercise over the years hasnt helped me at all. I have been off medication for a long time as having had taken it for some period it made feel empty inside and just made me feel worse when I was taking it. Also doesnt help my mind works in over drive all the time and just have sheer negative thoughts all the time.

So I am glad there is more new treatments coming out from various research and hope it goes a long way in helping those sufferers.

That's interesting tbh.

I think the major misconception remains in regards to depression and mental illness in society. It's still not looked on as some kind of illness and seems to still be frowned upon.

I have been suffering from severe depression since I was 16 and still to this day. There is no "cure" for it but much more should be done to help combat mental illness as a whole and to help those who sadly end up taking their lives because the support and help wasnt there.

Personally speaking taking therapy, taking various anti depressants and even exercise over the years hasnt helped me at all. I have been off medication for a long time as having had taken it for some period it made feel empty inside and just made me feel worse when I was taking it. Also doesnt help my mind works in over drive all the time and just have sheer negative thoughts all the time.

So I am glad there is more new treatments coming out from various research and hope it goes a long way in helping those sufferers.

That's sad to hear mate. I had a buddy at work take his life while on Anti Depressants. I knew him before and after he took the drugs. Before he was sad constantly and just down. Once on the drugs he said he no longer had emotions and everything was just mundane but he wasn't sad any more just life was never fun. I distinctly remember him telling me i'm going to give it until the New Year and if life don't become fun I will bail on life. And true to his word he did. All so very sad. He had great friends, great family and no real demons.

I can't imagine being a prisoner in my own mind and never being able to shake it.

Stay strong mate.

That's sad to hear mate. I had a buddy at work take his life while on Anti Depressants. I knew him before and after he took the drugs. Before he was sad constantly and just down. Once on the drugs he said he no longer had emotions and everything was just mundane but he wasn't sad any more just life was never fun. I distinctly remember him telling me i'm going to give it until the New Year and if life don't become fun I will bail on life. And true to his word he did. All so very sad. He had great friends, great family and no real demons.

I can't imagine being a prisoner in my own mind and never being able to shake it.

Stay strong mate.

Thats really sad mate to hear.

Medication for such an illness you would think would help but its quite the opposite.

Whenever I hear about anyone taking their life to mental illness it hurts so much inside as they do have people around them but not the fault of those people they just cant see what that person is feeling and going through every day.

Its just one of those illnesses sadly that those who suffer from cant truly escape from.

Last edited:
@channelking how long has it been since trying antidepressants?
Reason i ask is, that new types become available.
My brother has suffered with clinical depression most of his life. He's tried numerous medication over the years. Some have made him worse, to the point i thought he was close to suicide, but the last couple of years he's been as good as I've seen him. I'll try and find out what he's currently taking.

@channelking how long has it been since trying antidepressants?
Reason i ask is, that new types become available.
My brother has suffered with clinical depression most of his life. He's tried numerous medication over the years. Some have made him worse, to the point i thought he was close to suicide, but the last couple of years he's been as good as I've seen him. I'll try and find out what he's currently taking.

Been 5 years mate since I have been off them.

My doctor did make me aware of some newer types of anti depressants 18 months ago but I refused.

Simply because I don't want to feel such helplessness and nothingness with such medication again. Without medication things haven't really improved but with it things were really really bad.

I'm always open to new ways and methods for treating depression and mental illness but I don't know if that extends to newer medication.

Been 5 years mate since I have been off them.

My doctor did make me aware of some newer types of anti depressants 18 months ago but I refused.

Simply because I don't want to feel such helplessness and nothingness with such medication again. Without medication things haven't really improved but with it things were really really bad.

I'm always open to new ways and methods for treating depression and mental illness but I don't know if that extends to newer medication.
I'll find out after what my brother is on. You never know, these may not make you feel so empty?
In 50 years, my brother is now about as stable/ normal as I've ever known him. I know everyone is different, and what works for one guy won't necessarily work on the next, but it's got to be worth consideration. :)

I was on Citalopram for anxiety a couple of years ago but I was a zombie for about 3 months.
I had to get someone to check the inscription stencils for me to make sure they were correct before I lettered the stone as I didn't trust myself because I was in such a daze.
I told the doc I wanted to come off them but he said you had to come off them slowly bit by bit, you couldn't just go cold turkey but that's what I did. I just stopped one day and I was tired for a week but apart from that I was fine.
I just started switching off from work when I finished at the end of the day, turning my phone off and having most weekends to myself.
I also changed my diet a little bit and just starting to realise there's more to life than working and I feel a lot less stressed.

Back