Enigma Box with DVB-T/2 ( no sat tuner required )

soltia

TK Supporter
As the title says , there's that many boxes , I thought I would ask , What is a decent spec box that will play IPTV and give me a feed from rooftop arial for free channels ?

As the title says , there's that many boxes , I thought I would ask , What is a decent spec box that will play IPTV and give me a feed from rooftop arial for free channels ?
H7C has two dvb/c/t tuners for Freeview.
It also has a sat tuner and will run IPTV with ease as it's a 4K device

Thanks for the quick replies , one more question please. Will the channel lists from both my IPTV and the terrestrial source ( TV arial ) , both integrate together into one of the "sly look" skins ?

Thanks for the quick replies , one more question please. Will the channel lists from both my IPTV and the terrestrial source ( TV arial ) , both integrate together into one of the "sly look" skins ?
Yes, if you use XC plugin or jedimaker etc you'll have terrestrial in their own bouquets, entertainment, news, kids etc, then all your IPTV bouquets after those, all in the same EPG/ bouquet list and all using the same skin

You could just add a USB DVB-T2 tuner to your formuler box instead - assuming it is possible to do it with that box

You can get tuners for most formuler boxes. Personally don't like enigma for IPTV. But horses for courses and all

I bought the AX HD61 for this and it is great. So fast! It also have a sat tuner which I use for a motorised dish, but it means I can record BBC/ITV when my dish is not on 28e.

I also added my IPTV playlists and merged them into the Freeview channels and it works well.

I bought the AX HD61 for this and it is great. So fast! It also have a sat tuner which I use for a motorised dish, but it means I can record BBC/ITV when my dish is not on 28e.

I also added my IPTV playlists and merged them into the Freeview channels and it works well.
Merging IPTV into Freeview is exactly what I was thinking of.
So I bought a dvb tuner and have it installed in Z10 , but disappointingly , MTVOL2 ( which I love btw ) , will only show one list at a time. So if I am watching IPTV and want to look at the free terrestrial channels. I have to go to settings-connections-DVB List and connect, this then disconnects the IPTV and I can go back to groups and see the the terrestrial channel group. To get back to IPTV list I have to repeat the above in reverse.
That's crap , I have posted this on Formuler Forum , but no replies, am hoping am missing a setting or something , because surely both group lists should be on screen together ?
Shame because the subtitle support on this MTVOL2 app is brilliant and I have to watch everything with subs , ( am 68 and hearing is bolloxed ) , that was the drawback with my Zgemma , subs on VOD was virtually non existant.

Merging IPTV into Freeview is exactly what I was thinking of.
So I bought a dvb tuner and have it installed in Z10 , but disappointingly , MTVOL2 ( which I love btw ) , will only show one list at a time. So if I am watching IPTV and want to look at the free terrestrial channels. I have to go to settings-connections-DVB List and connect, this then disconnects the IPTV and I can go back to groups and see the the terrestrial channel group. To get back to IPTV list I have to repeat the above in reverse.
That's crap , I have posted this on Formuler Forum , but no replies, am hoping am missing a setting or something , because surely both group lists should be on screen together ?
Shame because the subtitle support on this MTVOL2 app is brilliant and I have to watch everything with subs , ( am 68 and hearing is bolloxed ) , that was the drawback with my Zgemma , subs on VOD was virtually non existant.
It will do that as it’s sharing the mol app bud so when you switch from one to other it disconnects the connection you was using

It will do that as it’s sharing the mol app bud so when you switch from one to other it disconnects the connection you was using
So an enigma box would do it differently /more user friendly would it ?
Both group lists on screen together ?

So an enigma box would do it differently /more user friendly would it ?
Both group lists on screen together ?
Pablo has just answered it for you personally formuler fire sticks ect are more user friendly,but then if you have been around c/s and you like the skins ect and how the bouquets are sorted then that way would be more user friendly for you so in theory it’s what ever you prefer as everyone is different

You can merge the Freeview and IPTV using several plugins on enigma2 box but not MTVOL2
Forgive me for harassing you :smiley:
lets say I have my list of IPTV bouquets/groups on the TV screen , so its possible to see the single OTA bouquet/group on the same screen and scroll up and open it ?

lets say I have my list of IPTV bouquets/groups on the TV screen , so its possible to see the single OTA bouquet/group on the same screen and scroll up and open it ?
If you use jedimaker or xc plugin for your IPTV, yes, all IPTV and Freeview (and satellite if you have a dish) bouquets are visible by scrolling left or right

You can definitely do that. I even have a Favourites bouquet which has a mix of Freeview, Freesat and IPTV channels in it. (zGemma H7C)

Just had an answer from Formuler support :
"Connect to your IPTV portal. The DVB channels appear as a separate group alongside your IPTV groups when you press the GROUPS button on your remote.
Also you can mix your DVB and IPTV channels into a custom favorite group."

Stupidly on my behalf , I didn't notice that the DVB group was sitting just off screen above my IPTV groups :cry: .
So in fact it's as I wanted it , my bad.
Still going to spunk a £100 or so on a used enigma box I don't need, can't live without those skins. :smiley:

Back