Enigma2 cable receiver recommendation

Changy

TK Supporter
Hi all

I have a VU+ Duo2 up and running with a cable tuner installed and a Vermin line. It all works like a dream; kudos to all on here who helped me :sunglasses:

I am looking for recommendations on a new box with cable tuner but more of a budget version. I could get a USB turbo tuner from VU+ and connect it to a Solo2 or Zero which are currently on the bench but I was thinking for a few more quid I could look at a box from perhaps Zgemma or Formuler?

I'm happy to budget at approx £75 for a box so recommendations would be welcomed.

TIA

Changy

Zgemma H5 combo box all the for me £63 or near about! Vermin sly free sat ipeetv!
No brainer for me plus as all the plugins you could want

Gigablue HD X2, £59 with no tuners, add single cable for £20 or twin cable for £30, meaning you can watch/record Sky Sports and Sky Movies at the same time
Also runs iptv no trouble

Hi Changy, how many tuners have you got in the Duo 2? You could get any enigma 2 box and use client mode which uses the tuners in the duo2 for channels as long as there's one free. Works via your network so no need for a direct feed too.

Hi Changy, how many tuners have you got in the Duo 2? You could get any enigma 2 box and use client mode which uses the tuners in the duo2 for channels as long as there's one free. Works via your network so no need for a direct feed too.

I like the sound of that. I just fitted VU+ Hybrid Dual / Twin 2x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner

I could easily run some CT100 up to the bedroom for the new box but if I could run it over a network it would be a breeze. I have Cat 5e wired around my home so it would mean no more CT100.

In the Duo2 I also have the twin satellite tuner fitted but I could easily remove that and fit another DVB-C/T/T2 module.

I'm not worried about watching one channel and recording another. I have an HDD fitted but it is rarely used.

Thanks

Changy

Back