Epg offset/timeshift tutorial for Enigma2 (Zgemma)

Hi ravstar1,
right, i have removed openvix and installed openatv 6.4 and added the epg importer, and jedimakerxtream plugins and re-done everything according to your instructions here, but the again, the result is the same. I was just wondering: if the default saving for the epg data is changed to a usb hdd or the sdcard mmc from it original place, would that make a difference to the running of your script? also looking at the result of the script, i found(after checking through Filezilla, that, there was no epg file found at: /etc/epgimport/new.epg.sources.xml and no epg file was found at: /etc/hdd/epg/IPTVepg.xml.gz. Although the script did find a jedimaker playlist at: jmx.IPTV.sources.xml( as shown in the pic attached). and lastly what does "Daily cron added to run daily at 06.10 am, /etc/epgimport/jmx.IPTV.xmltv2.xml: scheme missing" mean?
sorry for all the questions but I do want to learn as I go along but more thn even, I want to know why your script is now not working when it did work some time ago. I am afraid I don't quite remember the details of the image or situation when it worked, but work it did. And now, no matter what I try, it doesn't comply.
Thanking you very much in advance.

Attachments

• Result on box.jpg
    Result on box.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi ravstar1,
right, i have removed openvix and installed openatv 6.4 and added the epg importer, and jedimakerxtream plugins and re-done everything according to your instructions here, but the again, the result is the same. I was just wondering: if the default saving for the epg data is changed to a usb hdd or the sdcard mmc from it original place, would that make a difference to the running of your script? also looking at the result of the script, i found(after checking through Filezilla, that, there was no epg file found at: /etc/epgimport/new.epg.sources.xml and no epg file was found at: /etc/hdd/epg/IPTVepg.xml.gz. Although the script did find a jedimaker playlist at: jmx.IPTV.sources.xml( as shown in the pic attached). and lastly what does "Daily cron added to run daily at 06.10 am, /etc/epgimport/jmx.IPTV.xmltv2.xml: scheme missing" mean?
sorry for all the questions but I do want to learn as I go along but more thn even, I want to know why your script is now not working when it did work some time ago. I am afraid I don't quite remember the details of the image or situation when it worked, but work it did. And now, no matter what I try, it doesn't comply.
Thanking you very much in advance.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot of etc/epgimport/ folder. So 'jmx.IPTV.xmltv.xml' file is causing an issue here. Basically my script pulls the EPG url information of your provider from jmx.IPTV.sources.xml.
If you open and check the jmx.IPTV.sources.xml file, you will notice the url is not the EPG url i.e. not starting with http:// but been already replaced with /etc/epgimport/jmx.IPTV.xmltv2.xml hence it is not letting the script go further and throwing an error.

It would be good to understand which program has generated the xmltv.xml file in this folder, might be jedimaker or xtreamity, etc. The size of this file is somewhere similar to epg data file you sent me earlier.

You can uninstall jedimaker and try to install old version (version 6.1 or lower) to check if that fixes the issue.

Answer to your questions from above.

Q. If the default saving for the epg data is changed to a usb hdd or the sdcard mmc from it original place, would that make a difference to the running of your script?
A. If USB, mmc or any external media has been mounted as HDD then it won't affect the script.

Q. i found(after checking through Filezilla, that, there was no epg file found at: /etc/epgimport/new.epg.sources.xml and no epg file was found at: /etc/hdd/epg/IPTVepg.xml.gz
A. Don't worry about it as if someone has used the previous version of my script then these steps are there to remove the old data, doesn't affect the installation at all.

Q. lastly what does "Daily cron added to run daily at 06.10 am
A. This enables the script to run every morning to download the fresh epg data from the source and correct the epg time. No need to do anything manually.

Q. /etc/epgimport/jmx.IPTV.xmltv2.xml: scheme missing" mean?
A. The correct url is missing hence script is throwing an error.

thank you so much for the education. i will install the older version of jedimaker and then report back the result.

Hello ravstar1,
I did install an older version of the jedi plugin, but again same result. i have re-installed the openatv and plugins again and i am leaving it to run for a few days to see what happens when i, then, run your script. if the problem persists, then we, if you have time will join via team viewer and see if we can't figure this out. i am curious to find out why it is not working?
i will get back to you in a few days. Thank you once again.(y):rage::persevere:

I have two sets of bouquets created using jedimaker with different providers, when i run it against one of them it knocks the time out on the other one. Any ideas?

I have two sets of bouquets created using jedimaker with different providers, when i run it against one of them it knocks the time out on the other one. Any ideas?
Are you sure about that did you check providers user info in jedimaker it should tell you real server and time zone

Are you sure about that did you check providers user info in jedimaker it should tell you real server and time zone
Both Playlists are two hours out. I updated playlist 1 with the script and its fine, i then update playlist 2 with the script, and playlist 2 is correct, but playlist 1 has been reset and is two hours out again.

Both Playlists are two hours out. I updated playlist 1 with the script and its fine, i then update playlist 2 with the script, and playlist 2 is correct, but playlist 1 has been reset and is two hours out again.
I used to use the script but I only had problem with 1 provider being out by an hour and the script did work great. But to be honest had a few other providers since then and I have ended up iptveditor just for live streams for vod and series I just use xstreamity for playing them.

Ravstar1 thnx for this. I'm on zgemma with openpli and had to change line 134 in setup.sh to get it running.
Original line 134 is: if [ $HHMM -eq "+0000" ]; then
Changed this in: if [[ $HHMM -eq "+0000" ]]; then

I have made some changes in script to overcome the command line 134 error so please try this now and report if this works or not. Cheers!

Hello ravstar1,
I did install an older version of the jedi plugin, but again same result. i have re-installed the openatv and plugins again and i am leaving it to run for a few days to see what happens when i, then, run your script. if the problem persists, then we, if you have time will join via team viewer and see if we can't figure this out. i am curious to find out why it is not working?
i will get back to you in a few days. Thank you once again.(y):rage::persevere:
Hello,I am interested to know if you ever solve the EPG time problem,if yes,can you please let me know how you did it ,as my problem seem to be same as you.
thanks

Hello,I am interested to know if you ever solve the EPG time problem,if yes,can you please let me know how you did it ,as my problem seem to be same as you.
thanks
Its probably your provider.
Ask him to sort his EPG out, his timings are incorrect

Is this method still working? Im having trouble getting it to work. .... Im using a zgemma h2h running wooshbuild infinity on open ATV 6.4 . And the openwebif using the terminal to send the script . Nothing changes after the epg is still 2 hours ahead. Could someone help me please.

Is this method still working? Im having trouble getting it to work. .... Im using a zgemma h2h running wooshbuild infinity on open ATV 6.4 . And the openwebif using the terminal to send the script . Nothing changes after the epg is still 2 hours ahead. Could someone help me please.
Iptv epg or satellite EPG?

You can delete the EPG and then import it again

Back