EPG Problems

Vumon

TK Supporter
The EPG from a lot of IPTV providers is flaky at best. I only download IPTV EPG for USA channels and allocate Sky EPG to all the UK ones so that it populates over the air.
It's not a problem with ViX, my build or EPG Importer. It's purely down to your EPG source/provider.

I've got zero EPG for the USA channels today. It's just one of those things and I'll try to download again later.

My UK channels have all got EPG but nothing on the US ones.
View attachment 89666
Sorry mate -still having problems with the EPG. No doubt it will be me at fault. It's pulling all the data in, but its not populating.

To assign the Sky EPG to IPTV do I use Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV option in sources in EPG Importer?

Sorry mate -still having problems with the EPG. No doubt it will be me at fault. It's pulling all the data in, but its not populating.

To assign the Sky EPG to IPTV do I use Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV option in sources in EPG Importer?
In epgimporter/sources, there should be a box at the bottom of the list, your IPTV providers EPG, you need to put a tick in this.
Then save.
Then import

In epgimporter/sources, there should be a box at the bottom of the list, your IPTV providers EPG, you need to put a tick in this.
Then save.
Then import
I had it like this and from other sources too but am now just using providers EPG. What tends to happen is that it will pull it all on manual and populate, but then the day after, it pulls the data at a set time but never populates.

I had it like this and from other sources too but am now just using providers EPG. What tends to happen is that it will pull it all on manual and populate, but then the day after, it pulls the data at a set time but never populates.

You need to start another thread in the IPTV section. It's not a build issue.

It needs a usb/HDD to save the epg data to.
It can save it to internal flash but this is deleted when the box goes into standby

You have not really provided details of what settings and sources of EPG you are using. It could be that your storage device is getting unmounted, usually just before a flash drive fails or PSU not supplying enough power for an external mechanical HDD.

I'm 99% sure that this is an issue I have with the setup and not the provider.

Each day when I come to the box, it is switched on to the IEPG data channel and the EPG is not populated.

Yesterday, I refreshed the bouquets and manually pulled the EPG data and it eventually populated.

This morning however, it had pulled the data but not populated. Here are some screenshots.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 09.26.21.pngScreenshot 2023-05-03 at 09.27.22.pngScreenshot 2023-05-03 at 09.31.20.pngScreenshot 2023-05-03 at 09.28.19.png

When talking about EPG, best not to discuss bouquets. It is a completely different part of image. Do one thing at a time.

Back to your EPG issue.
1. You are using two methods of acquiring EPG for the same services. They will cancel each other out. Pick one and use just one.

2. On EPG import, you have set it to download as soon as you boot up. This adds to the cancellation.

3. There was another thread where it seems one of the servers has an issue.

To progress the matter, please clarify which EPG you want to use for 28.2E services.
A. From the satellite/signal stream
B. From the internet.

Edit:
There is no need for the reload/save options.

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure that this is an issue I have with the setup and not the provider.

Each day when I come to the box, it is switched on to the IEPG data channel and the EPG is not populated.

Yesterday, I refreshed the bouquets and manually pulled the EPG data and it eventually populated.

This morning however, it had pulled the data but not populated. Here are some screenshots.

View attachment 90218View attachment 90217View attachment 90215View attachment 90219
Few things here I wouldn't be happy with.
You have two scheduled tasks running very close together, 8:09 and 8:15.
I'd give them thirty minutes gap.
Also you have daily scheduled epg download AND scan on bootup, meaning it downloads at 8:09 then you turn the box on at 9am and it runs again.

Evening chaps. Thank you as ever.

This is what I've changed:

1) Bouquet update is at 0700 and EPG update is at 0800.

2) EPG import on boot is now set to never.

3) I have now selected just one EPG (for IPTV) source, which is Rytec IPTV XMLTV (xz). In Jedimaker, I have set it to use Rytec EPG only and it pulls all data straight away. If I set Jedimaker to use provider EPG and set source to provider, it doesn't pull any data manually. How long should it take to populate?

4) Auto save/reload (on EPG settings) is now off.

5) I would like to use Sat stream for 28.2E services - I have EIT EPG enabled and OpenTV EPG enabled. All Sky Uk EPG is populated.

It is starting to make a bit more sense now and I really appreciate your help with this. I guess I'll have to see what it looks like in the morning now. Thank you once again.

You need to enable your IPTV provider that you have in Jedimaker in epgimporter sources not the rytec general iptv one.
Thanks for the reply. I've done this and disabled Rytec EPG in Jedimaker, added my provider as an EPG source in epgimporter and it pulls no data whatsoever. The EPG (from my provider) runs perfectly on firesticks and a formuler box so I'm a bit stumped with this. If I use the Rytec EPG it pulls quite a bit of data but no BBC or sky sports, amongst others.

Jedi Maker creates your IPTV bouquets from your IPTV provider. You can also create an EPG provider to use with EPG importer. You have set this to no, that is wrong. Set that back to yes.

In EPG importer, Disable the "Rytec IPTV XMLTV" as that is a generic folder for some free IPTV like wildlife etc. It has nothing to do with your IPTV provider. Enable the "IPTV 4" (which was created by jedi) so that you will get the EPG from your IPTV provider.

Thanks again chaps.

Latest update.

Did exactly what you said @Abu Baniaz & @urie and left it overnight. Bouquet update worked at 0700 but EPG import did not ie. 0 events. Manual import renders the same result.

Do you think this is a provider issue? XE plugin for EPG worked perfectly for this provider, but I'd rather not be paying for the service.

Thank you again.

Thanks again chaps.

Latest update.

Did exactly what you said @Abu Baniaz & @urie and left it overnight. Bouquet update worked at 0700 but EPG import did not ie. 0 events. Manual import renders the same result.

Do you think this is a provider issue? XE plugin for EPG worked perfectly for this provider, but I'd rather not be paying for the service.

Thank you again.
Your provider should have been the first port of call before you asked in the forum.

Not sure what you mean by you'd rather not 'pay for' XE plugin?

Back