Satellite EPG with IPTV using XE Plugin - help needed

Hello,

Ive used XE plugin to load iptv bouquets on many many zgemma models starting at 2s and above for almost 5 years now back as far as beta versions

My method is to flash with openatv and load wooshbuild using terminal...
I then add the XE plugin using the terminal commands.
In the XE plugin i import bouquet and import epg and the listings show perfectly after the load event count.

BUT NOW i just bought a batch of H7S as ive a few people wanting to use aerial and satellite and IPTV - this box is amazing as it also has the internal HDD option.

So i do my normal steps to get wooshbuild onto the H7S and before I install the XE plugin, i already have a fully populated EPG on the satellite FTA channels.

I then install XE, import iptv playlist from XEEV (xtream-editor) and import EPG. the events load as normal like the older boxes and so do the picons.

Then i exit out, check EPG listings and nothing showing on any IPTV bouquet. BUT, when i open the channel full screen with the little info bar showing at the bottom its showing the pic-icon for that channel and "whats on next" part is showing but the "now" part is blank. Also, pressing TV button to show the list view is not showing any listings.

My guess is the EPG viewer page isn't pointing to the EPG.data file or ive not got a setting right somewhere as im NOT using the internal HDD. Is it possible the flashed openatv firmware is default pointing to check for EPG on the internal drive and ignoring the data on the USB drive? As mentioned already, its showing icons and part of the epg on the small info bar, but not in the full screen EPG page. Its very annoying as most of my clients that use these boxes are the elderly wanting a simple setup as they dont get on with the android based boxes (but i love the z8 with USB DVB-T2 Tuner - A lovely setup for the more advanced!)

Ive tried:
Creating Swap file
XE plugin setting workspace settings set to: /media/hdd
EPG setup settings set to: /media/hdd
EPG.data file is showing on the USB stick when checking using a file browser plugin
EPG importer plugin is no help at all as loads 0 events

Not had an issue in the past, im sure its just a setting somewhere. If someone has a working backup id nearly take that route at this stage.

Thanks in advance!

If using open atv 6.4 there is a problem with xe with epg ect if you can find 6.3 version of open atv that should populate everything or try open vix on the h7s there is a thread on forum regarding xe and open atv 6.4 if using that

if VIX works then id rather stick with a working method if there is known faults with openatv I dont want any headaches later - im all for the easy life!

Only what has been posted mate with xe but as mentioned you can go back to 6.3 via link I sent and have infinity on your box or if wanting vix then can always try willobuild or plain vix but I find willobuild not bloated like other images can be

Sorry realised now how that website works. I have selected h7 now from that version and downloaded. will revert back tomorrow with results! many thanks once again.

Hello,

Ive used XE plugin to load iptv bouquets on many many zgemma models starting at 2s and above for almost 5 years now back as far as beta versions

In the XE plugin i import bouquet and import epg and the listings show perfectly after the load event count.

BUT NOW i just bought a batch of H7S as ive a few people wanting to use aerial and satellite and IPTV - this box is amazing as it also has the internal HDD option.

So i do my normal steps to get wooshbuild onto the H7S and before I install the XE plugin, i already have a fully populated EPG on the satellite FTA channels.

I then install XE, import iptv playlist from XEEV (xtream-editor) and import EPG. the events load as normal like the older boxes and so do the picons.

Then i exit out, check EPG listings and nothing showing on any IPTV bouquet. BUT, when i open the channel full screen with the little info bar showing at the bottom its showing the pic-icon for that channel and "whats on next" part is showing but the "now" part is blank. Also, pressing TV button to show the list view is not showing any listings.

My guess is the EPG viewer page isn't pointing to the EPG.data file or ive not got a setting right somewhere as im NOT using the internal HDD. Is it possible the flashed openatv firmware is default pointing to check for EPG on the internal drive and ignoring the data on the USB drive? As mentioned already, its showing icons and part of the epg on the small info bar, but not in the full screen EPG page. Its very annoying as most of my clients that use these boxes are the elderly wanting a simple setup as they dont get on with the android based boxes (but i love the z8 with USB DVB-T2 Tuner - A lovely setup for the more advanced!)

Ive tried:
Creating Swap file
EPG.data file is showing on the USB stick when checking using a file browser plugin

Not had an issue in the past, im sure its just a setting somewhere. If someone has a working backup id nearly take that route at this stage.

Thanks in advance!
I've got exactly the same problem.....did you find a solution..if so can you let me have it please
John bell......newish member..

Hello,

Ive tried:
Creating Swap file

Thanks in advance!
I've got exactly the same problem.....did you find a solution..if so can you let me have it please
John bell......newish member..
I reflashed a zgemmah2s with wooshbuild infinity and lost the epg.im not the most savvy with all this and hope someone can help

Hello,

Ive tried:
Creating Swap file

Thanks in advance!
I reflashed a zgemmah2s with wooshbuild infinity and lost the epg.im not the most savvy with all this and hope someone can help

You can always use xe on vix and populates epg ect or openATV Nightly Downloads that's for openatv 6.3 a few people has had to revert back
Make a note of your box ip address Click on the link in my post and go to air digital and look for your box model download the zip file extract the zip file open the extracted zip file if there is a file that says noforce rename to force put the extracted zgemma file onto formatted fat32 USB and reflash your box then follow infinity setup guide

This is one of the first times I've posted on here....excuse me for sounding stupid but how do I find your posts?
I've reflashed previously with 6.3.....same result..no epg......could it be something to do with the hard drive I use for recording?..the sandisk flashes ok ....then I connect a Toshiba hard drive and its after I've got the line id and loaded everything that I find no epg....

Back