EPL & EFL

I honestly don't see how they can do anything but declare the EPL season null and void - there'd be legal challenges from every team who were negatively affected (eg relegated or didn't qualify for European competition) on the grounds that the season wasn't completed.

With the Euros in the summer as well this is becoming more of a possibility with each delay.

Euros will happen next year no doubt. Olympics also will be delayed.

Unless they decide to start new season in Sept/Oct who know whats gona happen.

I honestly don't see how they can do anything but declare the EPL season null and void - there'd be legal challenges from every team who were negatively affected (eg relegated or didn't qualify for European competition) on the grounds that the season wasn't completed.

Yep as much as Liverpool fans would be outraged disputing they have over 20 points gap doesnt mean its fair on the teams fighting for 4th and 5th spots and relegation places.

Yep as much as Liverpool fans would be outraged disputing they have over 20 points gap doesnt mean its fair on the teams fighting for 4th and 5th spots and relegation places.

Same with the promotion from the Championship too. As I see it they either have to finish this season next time around, which I don't think they'll do for financial reasons/sponsorship, or void the season completely.

Same with the promotion from the Championship too. As I see it they either have to finish this season next time around, which I don't think they'll do for financial reasons/sponsorship, or void the season completely.

It’s hard to see any other way of doing it fairly.

Will they do it, probably not.

they will finish it in the summer when thee Euro's should have been played. Financially too much at stake to end season early, sponsorships, TV rights etc.

They can just finish it later in the year.
This virus will be around for years yet, it's a marathon not a sprint, so abandoning this and starting again, when that season may also be abandoned is pointless

Wonder if there's anything in the sponsorship contracts to cover unfinished/delayed finish seasons - maybe some timeframe.

Back