ESPN+ Best deals?

RyeSp18

Anyone know of cheaper ways to get legit ESPN+ subscriptions? (not bot accounts or IPTV)

They've put their price up from 6.99 to 9.99, so any savings would be useful!

I don't mind possibly paying a bit more if it's part of a bigger bundle or anything. Thanks for any help.

Anyone know of cheaper ways to get legit ESPN+ subscriptions? (not bot accounts or IPTV)

They've put their price up from 6.99 to 9.99, so any savings would be useful!

I don't mind possibly paying a bit more if it's part of a bigger bundle or anything. Thanks for any help.
disney/hulu/espn+ package seems cheapest, but hold out for black friday deals

Is there any specific content you’re after from ESPN+? I found that most stuff elsewhere when I stopped my sub
Yeah mostly the Championship and Football League games. Quite like watching some MLS as well.

Championship is cheap via Setanta which I’ll likely re-subscribe to at some point (although sadly often don’t have commentary), but they don’t seem to cover League 1 and 2 games. Wanted to watch the Argyle v Ipswich match on Sunday. It’s on Sky and ESPN. They’re the only TV networks with English coverage I know of for it.

Kayo in Australia has that match on Sunday (and other Championship, League 1 and MLS games) - all with English comms. At AUD25/month it’s not cheaper than ESPN+, but has a lot of good sports content, so might be worth it if you value any of that

Last edited:
Another option would be Mola.tv - they have that game on the Malaysia service. Not sure what quality it will be in. I know it’s 1080p in Singapore, but suspect it’s probably only 30fps.

I think they offer a free month if you want to try it out. Might be possible to get the sub even cheaper in Singapore or Indonesia - haven’t explored Mola.tv much.

Another option would be Mola.tv - they have that game on the Malaysia service. Not sure what quality it will be in. I know it’s 1080p in Singapore, but suspect it’s probably only 30fps.

I think they offer a free month if you want to try it out. Might be possible to get the sub even cheaper in Singapore or Indonesia - haven’t explored Mola.tv much.
Thanks for all your help mate. Mola looks promising.

It seems to be cheapest via Indonesia but I can't find a free trial offer anywhere unfortunately.

Thanks for all your help mate. Mola looks promising.

It seems to be cheapest via Indonesia but I can't find a free trial offer anywhere unfortunately.
No problem mate. Let me know if you end up going for it. I did contemplate trying it out for UFC, golf and NFL at some point - would be keen to know what the quality is like.

No problem mate. Let me know if you end up going for it. I did contemplate trying it out for UFC, golf and NFL at some point - would be keen to know what the quality is like.
Just to let you know - I didn’t get Mola in the end mate. A lot hinged on getting a working app for my Fire Cube and sadly they don’t seem to have one. ☹️

Will let you know if one becomes available though and I try them out!

So I decided to try out ESPN+ for a month at $10. Splitting the cost with a mate which helps.

For anyone wondering - stream quality is good. Looks to be 720p at 50fps with good bitrate and English commentary on everything.

VPNs - Nord and Windscribe work well. PIA and KeepSolid don’t work and seem to be blocked on every protocol, although I haven’t tried every US server as there are so many..

So I decided to try out ESPN+ for a month at $10. Splitting the cost with a mate which helps.

For anyone wondering - stream quality is good. Looks to be 720p at 50fps with good bitrate and English commentary on everything.

VPNs - Nord and Windscribe work well. PIA and KeepSolid don’t work and seem to be blocked on every protocol, although I haven’t tried every US server as there are so many..
keep an eye out for the hulu package (hulu/disney+/espn+) deals on blackfriday, im currently on a $9.99 deal for a few of my hulu accounts just now, I find if you sub to them, then leave, they email you regularly with deals

keep an eye out for the hulu package (hulu/disney+/espn+) deals on blackfriday, im currently on a $9.99 deal for a few of my hulu accounts just now, I find if you sub to them, then leave, they email you regularly with deals
Will keep a look out for that then! Thanks for the heads up mate.

It’s most likely 60fps rather than 50fps and I also remember it being 1080p rather than 720p. Don’t have an active subscription at the moment, so can’t check. In any case it’s a pretty good service - just a shame they put the price up.

Last edited:
It’s most likely 60fps rather than 50fps and I also remember it being 1080p rather than 720p. Don’t have an active subscription at the moment, so can’t check. In any case it’s a pretty good service - just a shame they put the price up.
Resolutions below taken from T20 thats on just now

#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=2150000,RESOLUTION=896x504,FRAME-RATE=29.97,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.4d001f",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
1800K/1800_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=250000,RESOLUTION=320x180,FRAME-RATE=29.97,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.4d001f",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
192K/192_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=550000,RESOLUTION=384x216,FRAME-RATE=29.97,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.4d001f",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
450K/450_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=1000000,RESOLUTION=512x288,FRAME-RATE=29.97,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.4d001f",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
800K/800_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=1420000,RESOLUTION=640x360,FRAME-RATE=29.97,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.4d001f",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
1200K/1200_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=2980000,RESOLUTION=960x540,FRAME-RATE=29.97,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.4d0020",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
2500K/2500_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=4190000,RESOLUTION=1280x720,FRAME-RATE=29.97,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.640028",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
3500K/3500_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=6600000,RESOLUTION=1280x720,FRAME-RATE=59.94,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.640028",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
5600K/5600_complete_aeng.m3u8
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=8250000,RESOLUTION=1280x720,FRAME-RATE=59.94,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.640028",CLOSED-CAPTIONS="cc",AUDIO="aac"
7000K/7000_complete_aeng.m3u8

Attachments

• T20 ESPN+.jpg
    T20 ESPN+.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 16
Interesting. Wonder if I have particular optimistic recollection about resolutions these days 😳 At least I remembered the frame rate right.

Wonder if this is stream specific and if it has always been the case or it is a recent cost saving measure. There are plenty of sites out there quoting it as 1080p, but perhaps they can’t be trusted.

Interesting. Wonder if I have particular optimistic recollection about resolutions these days 😳 At least I remembered the frame rate right.

Wonder if this is stream specific and if it has always been the case or it is a recent cost saving measure. There are plenty of sites out there quoting it as 1080p, but perhaps they can’t be trusted.
I will test others, sometimes websites falsify what resolution they play at ie Viaplay Ultra HD is simply 1080

Wow - that’s pretty bad.

Could also be device specific? I was primarily watching on an Apple TV. I was actually considering whether I should go back to ESPN+ instead of Kayo, but that’s not happening if ESPN+ is 720p…

Wow - that’s pretty bad.

Could also be device specific? I was primarily watching on an Apple TV. I was actually considering whether I should go back to ESPN+ instead of Kayo, but that’s not happening if ESPN+ is 720p…
Could be device or event specific, apple streams are harder to extract and test for me

For those interested, pulled todays ufc prelims and they are 1280 x 720, unsure if any other device output is higher

Attachments

• photo_2022-10-22_15-52-22.jpg
    photo_2022-10-22_15-52-22.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 14
Back