Euro 2020 Predictions/Chat

Those injuries to De Bryune and Hazard have hit Belgium hard. They were shorter odds before the tournament began! I said Italy before the tournament and I'm sticking with them.

That's a big call. Southgate is really putting his head on the block there. I understand the need to counter Germany's wing backs but I've never been a fan out worrying more about the opposition than your own game. In fairness to Southgate, by and large he's got the big calls right so far. If we won't win with a change of formation like this there will be A LOT of criticism (more than usual).

Ye change to the system with this formation is a big risk especially with playing full backs.

But think with so much pace England will have on the counter they can really hurt Germany.

It may be a big call but have to make big bold and brave decisions now at this stage in the tournament.

Is Mount available to start or is it going to be Grealish?

Neither if CK is right about the formation. 5-2-3 - 2 centre mids. I'm assuming either Foden or Saka on right wing forward.

Mount is available for selection but not trained with the rest of the squad.

Ye change to the system with this formation is a big risk especially with playing full backs.

But think with so much pace England will have on the counter they can really hurt Germany.

It may be a big call but have to make big bold and brave decisions now at this stage in the tournament.

If counter attack is the game we need to play Saka or Sancho RWF in my opinion. Kane isn't exactly electrifying with pace and Foden isn't used to playing on the counter with City. Neither is Sterling for that matter, although he has the pace for sure.

Mount is not available dont think and Grealish wont be starting.

Saka or Foden will be a tough choice to make and both can offer so much going forward.

If counter attack is the game we need to play Saka or Sancho RWF in my opinion. Kane isn't exactly electrifying with pace and Foden isn't used to playing on the counter with City. Neither is Sterling for that matter, although he has the pace for sure.

Kane and Sterling are locks so on other side you assume will be Saka or Sancho and even Foden. Not sure why he hasnt played sancho that much tbh

But I sense he may take a gamble and start Saka. Sheer pace of this kid will be frightening along with sterling when they counter.

Mount is not available dont think and Grealish wont be starting.

Saka or Foden will be a tough choice to make and both can offer so much going forward.
Foden for me in that formation
Saka can play as a wing back as is better defensively but Foden is a lot better attacking

I would still play Kane

Kane and Sterling are locks so on other side you assume will be Saka or Sancho and even Foden. Not sure why he hasnt played sancho that much tbh

But I sense he may take a gamble and start Saka. Sheer pace of this kid will be frightening along with sterling when they counter.
I think Sanchos transfer dilemma has put him out of question
Kane’s situation has clearly affected him too

Well, what a stunning win last night. I've literally waited my entire life for us to beat ze Germans in competition.

For all the pludets Sterling is getting (and fair play to him) it was Grealish that effectively made both goals. So rather than a Sterling vs Grealish debate, perhaps we could get both of them in. Play Grealish on the left and Sterling on the right? Grealish is much more creative but Sterling is getting the goals. Seems like a good combination.

Ukraine are one of the most negative teams ever. They'll try to bore us to death, sit deep and play on the counter. We'll need some creativity to break them down.

Well, what a stunning win last night. I've literally waited my entire life for us to beat ze Germans in competition.

For all the pludets Sterling is getting (and fair play to him) it was Grealish that effectively made both goals. So rather than a Sterling vs Grealish debate, perhaps we could get both of them in. Play Grealish on the left and Sterling on the right? Grealish is much more creative but Sterling is getting the goals. Seems like a good combination.

Ukraine are one of the most negative teams ever. They'll try to bore us to death, sit deep and play on the counter. We'll need some creativity to break them down.
Great win it was against a team they have struggled against for such a long time.

Sterling no doubt has been the go to guy for England so far but Grealish is a special talent who again didnt get praised enough.

Could see a very simliar team and setup against Ukraine. Dont like it but if the whole philsophy is to make England hard to beat and break down then cant really knock it.

I only got 9/2 for France, put a score on them, £10 on Italy at 11/1, £5 on Croatia at 25/1, £10 on Harry Kane for top scorer at 11/2, gonna do a few bets still on name the 2 finalists, bought 2 sweeps in work, got France and Portugal £100 to the winner £60 for runner up and £40 for the 2 beaten semi finalists.

That tenner on Italy is looking like a shrewd bet now.

Played really well tonight, but Semi final will be tough again, then the final, one things for sure, if they win it, they will have deserved it, some top quality defending, and a little bit of luck tonight.

They'll have to beat a lot of good sides to win it so yeah it'll be well earned. Fancy them to beat Spain, that extra time will have taken it out of them.

Great win for Italy.

Were well organised and wanted to score at every opportunity not what you expect from past Italians sides.

They have a great chance of winning the euros now. Expect them to get past Spain if I'm being honest.

Agree that Italy should be favourites
Belgium were always going to be their toughest test and unless Spain cause an upset it looks like the Italians will lift the trophy

still a little hope for us too
Cummon England!!

Back