Euro 2020 Predictions/Chat

pupuqiop

TK Supporter
France (5/1) favourites to win it, followed by England (6/1) and Belgium (15/2)

Who do you think will win it? England's Harry Kane for the Golden Boot or someone else?

France (5/1) favourites to win it, followed by England (6/1) and Belgium (15/2)

Who do you think will win it? England's Harry Kane for the Golden Boot or someone else?
I only got 9/2 for France, put a score on them, £10 on Italy at 11/1, £5 on Croatia at 25/1, £10 on Harry Kane for top scorer at 11/2, gonna do a few bets still on name the 2 finalists, bought 2 sweeps in work, got France and Portugal £100 to the winner £60 for runner up and £40 for the 2 beaten semi finalists.

I think Turkey have a good team and have played well recently.

Dutch look short of it and Italy are a young team with number of inexperienced players.

Spain have good players but don't seem the same team as a few years ago.

Germany are Germany always tend to do great in tournaments. Can see them in then semis at least.

Belgium always get hyped but I just don't see them clicking and with de bryne potentially missing that is massive.

England have a chance with the amazing talent they have. But don't see Southgate setting up an attacking team but being more cautious which will bite them later on. Quarters are likely but they won't win it imo.

But France for me are likely winners and have an amazing squad of such top quality players and will be tough to stop them lifting the euros championship.

I think Turkey have a good team and have played well recently.

Dutch look short of it and Italy are a young team with number of inexperienced players.

Spain have good players but don't seem the same team as a few years ago.

Germany are Germany always tend to do great in tournaments. Can see them in then semis at least.

Belgium always get hyped but I just don't see them clicking and with de bryne potentially missing that is massive.

England have a chance with the amazing talent they have. But don't see Southgate setting up an attacking team but being more cautious which will bite them later on. Quarters are likely but they won't win it imo.

But France for me are likely winners and have an amazing squad of such top quality players and will be tough to stop them lifting the euros championship.
Agree with most of that CK, Belguim have great players, but for me they just lack that little bit extra to win a tournament, as for England for me Foden and Grealish could be big players if they play, probably both will not feature together though, but I think the defence will let them down and theres always a few mistakes in Pickford, home advantage in most of their games should help them, Portugal have some top players too, but will they play as a team or will their individual flair players try to be the star man.

Agree with most of that CK, Belguim have great players, but for me they just lack that little bit extra to win a tournament, as for England for me Foden and Grealish could be big players if they play, probably both will not feature together though, but I think the defence will let them down and theres always a few mistakes in Pickford, home advantage in most of their games should help them, Portugal have some top players too, but will they play as a team or will their individual flair players try to be the star man.

Yes mate spot on about Belgium. It seems for so long they have had great players but haven't felt like a team to really go on to win a major tournament. I don't see that changing here.

Ye Portugal is another one. Good players but can be really inconsistent and whether they can play as a team and not be selfish will be interesting.

Would love Foden, mount and grealish all to start but I don't see that happening as it is too attacking of a team in southgates mind. Agree with the defence not being strong enough and pickford. Less said about him the better. Guarantee he will make mistakes and cost England games.

I like to see how Germany do as lived there for 2 years but England is my mate n national team

I get what you mean mate trust me.

I am always interested how India and Pakistan do in sports as grandparents place of birth and of course Kenya birth place of my parents. Latter in sports though nothing to right home about lol.

I get what you mean mate trust me.

I am always interested how India and Pakistan do in sports as grandparents place of birth and of course Kenya birth place of my parents. Latter in sports though nothing to right home about lol.
Always good to follow your routes bud no matter whether it's sports or news ect

Always good to follow your routes bud no matter whether it's sports or news ect

Yep I generally do tbh mate. Sports and news especially from those countries as makes me feel close to my grandparents and parents who were from there.

Whether its possible who knows but my hope is to visit Kenya with my parents and see their home. Its an amazing country from what they have described to me.

Can anyone tell me a idiots guide to understanding how some teams winning their group will play a 3rd place side?

If England win their Group for Example they will get 2nd Place in Group F. However the winner of Group F will get 3rd Place side in Group A/B/C.

Surely there needs to be some logic behind this?

Hardly fair that some teams finishing top play 2nd place while others finishing top play 3rd place. How is this even worked out prior to the Tournament? I'm clearly missing something here....

France to win followed by Portugal and England
Joe how dare you go against England!!??

Nah who am I kidding
France to win
Runners up - Portugal
3rd - any other team other then England as we will be out In a couple of games, how else are the players going to enjoy a holiday if they have to quarantine b4 the new season 😒🤬

Joe how dare you go against England!!??

Nah who am I kidding
France to win
Runners up - Portugal
3rd - any other team other then England as we will be out In a couple of games, how else are the players going to enjoy a holiday if they have to quarantine b4 the new season 😒🤬

That's very optimistic lol.

They won't win but can see England get into the knock out stages.

Was really impressed with Italy and Netherlands and think they could go deep.

But teams like France, Germany are favourites and England will struggle against these top teams.

Back