External Hard Drive Problem

I plugged my 1TB external HDD into back on my H2S box and setup recording, but I never formatted the drive 1st now when I plug the drive into my laptop to format to fat32 the drive isn't showing up? Can anyone help

If it was a brand new hdd you can often get away without formatting & simple connect to it to the box but its good practice to windows format 1st, however IF you are wanting to prep the hdd again you will need to use the "disc management" tool within windows to make the drive visible then you can format the drive as normal thereafter

which version of Windows you are using....Im running Windows 10 so I right click on the Windows icon & in the list that opens I can see disk management

Last edited:
OK then you should be able to do the same...from memory: connect hdd, open disk management...you should see your new drive in black (I think).
its been a while so I could be remembering wrongly but I think you need to highlight it then make basic or primary then after that you will be able to see it as a normal drive within windows, then you can format

Back