External usb hard drive

inaminute23

TK Veteran
Hi, to use with a h5.2tc, what is recommended

I want 1tb

usb 3.0?

Any specific brand or other spec required?

Thanks

inaminute23

TK Veteran
thanks. What's the min mb/s it needs to read/write? I don't want to spend too much it is just needs to work efficiently. I've see a 1 tb flash drive on ebay for just £11

SPEC -
Chip: Grade A, original brand flash memory chip
Interface: USB 2.0. USB 2.0 Compatible (Backwards compatible to USB 1.1)
Speed: Writing speed: 3MB/S-6MB/S; Reading speed: 6MB/S-12MB/S
Compatibility: Desktop, Laptop, Mac., Tablet, Speakers, Television, Car video system which has USB port and allows data transmission
Operating System: All Versions of Windows, Windows 98second edition/NT/ME/2000/XP/7/8.1/10 and above, it also compatible with Linux and Mac OS 10.3 and above.
Operating Temperatures: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
Storage Temperatures: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C to 85º C)
Durability: 50,000 times read and write

Will this be suffice?

I've been testing my h2h with a small 2gb flash drive (unbranded and it seems to respond well)

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
ebay is full of 16 and 32gb flash drives that have been chipped to show a high capacity
You are not going to get a 1tb flash drive for those prices, that's why I pointed out how much genuine ones are.

1568202259439.png

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
You will struggle to mount a cloud drive as a recording destination.
If you want 1tb then you will have to buy an external hdd.

grog68

TK Veteran
I would go for an external hdd as mentioned, 1tb toshiba canvio hdd is what I use, £42 from famous pc high street store

cactikid

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
I could come again but cant afford any bigger than 2 tb,dreaming of a 6tb but would fall asleep looking for something only to forget what i was searching for.

Even routing thru my old hdd collection i like the simple connectivity of Toshiba with mains plug and usb cable.
My older Freecom units had an on/off switch and as far as i can remember keep spinning even if box is off.
For recording with e2 boxes you dont want an on/off button.

Attachments