External usb hard drive

thanks. What's the min mb/s it needs to read/write? I don't want to spend too much it is just needs to work efficiently. I've see a 1 tb flash drive on ebay for just £11

SPEC -
Chip: Grade A, original brand flash memory chip
Interface: USB 2.0. USB 2.0 Compatible (Backwards compatible to USB 1.1)
Speed: Writing speed: 3MB/S-6MB/S; Reading speed: 6MB/S-12MB/S
Compatibility: Desktop, Laptop, Mac., Tablet, Speakers, Television, Car video system which has USB port and allows data transmission
Operating System: All Versions of Windows, Windows 98second edition/NT/ME/2000/XP/7/8.1/10 and above, it also compatible with Linux and Mac OS 10.3 and above.
Operating Temperatures: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
Storage Temperatures: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C to 85º C)
Durability: 50,000 times read and write

Will this be suffice?

I've been testing my h2h with a small 2gb flash drive (unbranded and it seems to respond well)

ebay is full of 16 and 32gb flash drives that have been chipped to show a high capacity
You are not going to get a 1tb flash drive for those prices, that's why I pointed out how much genuine ones are.

1568202259439.png

I would go for an external hdd as mentioned, 1tb toshiba canvio hdd is what I use, £42 from famous pc high street store

I could come again but cant afford any bigger than 2 tb,dreaming of a 6tb but would fall asleep looking for something only to forget what i was searching for.

Even routing thru my old hdd collection i like the simple connectivity of Toshiba with mains plug and usb cable.
My older Freecom units had an on/off switch and as far as i can remember keep spinning even if box is off.
For recording with e2 boxes you dont want an on/off button.

Attachments

• Connectivity toshiba.jpg
    Connectivity toshiba.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 5
  • hdd with switch.jpg
    hdd with switch.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 5
Back