f@ck my life how do i shut the MRS up?!!!!

v8victim

So being new to all this I bought a box off a fella down the street, came all setup plug and play.
Had a Toshiba 16gb usb in back, he sad "don't take that out, if you wanna add a hard drive to record onto let me know and ill sort it for you."
no probs. plugged in all well.
3 days later no sky channels, knocked on his door with box in hand and gave back to him to sort (I did have a go myself but absolutely no idea what I was pressing... rookie mistake I know) day after he apologised and said hed put the wrong line on and it had ran out should be fine. days after went off, this time he blamed the server. ok no probs back on following day.
was fine but kept on freezing and going off for hour or so at a time. Stuff this I though so bought a line off ebay off a longstanding seller and had plenty of good feedback. got the gift and put on fine all working well.
until few days ago. now as kids are on half term I thought stuff this not chasing my tail with him again ill do it myself.
So now here I am. removed the USB from the back tried to download wooshbuild, unzipped (winzip) it and put it on the formatted USB (to fat 32).
put usb in front and rear slots on box and press power button twice... just boots up and vix is spinning in the corner.

I am 99% sure I'm doing something wrong here. can anyone help a complete muppet that' just wants the mrs and kids to stop shouting at me?!

Make sure you have a copy of the line you purchased, format your USB stick with hdd format guru (google it), copy over the zgemma folder from the wooshbuild download, turn the box off, plug the USB into the back USB port, turn the box back on, follow on screen instructions and the instructions on the forum. Best of luck

Thanks fornyour reply. Tried another usb and its got as far as base build but now telling me that there isnt enough space on /hdd??? Tried inserting another usb and the box formats it (16gb) but still not enough space

Its ok... Got that bit up and running. However face a new issue. Got it up and trying to put my line in. I bought it off ebay so got emailed the line to type in. Worked on vix but cant find it on the wooshbuild.
Once again thank you for your help

Back