F connecter

Yes its a new tuner in box and its a vu duo 2 it does pixelate quite a lot and stop start but stop start is not that much but has not done it for a couple of hours but it has stopped a fewtimes

So cleaned up the outside connections and the picture is a lot better not breaking up anymore so thanks for the info but my signal is only about 60-70% i thought iy should be a lot better any more hints

Mine seems to be intermittent i can see it going up and down from zero to 75 ish but before it was above 90 and no issues with it fluctuating at all

Mine seems to be intermittent i can see it going up and down from zero to 75 ish but before it was above 90 and no issues with it fluctuating at all
Yeah intermittent faults are the worse to track down etc main thing i do is work from source incoming cable backwards to the box etc could well be a dry joint on board where the tuner is attached and seen this problem on a tv.

Well as said i started at the outside connection and worked in made sure all tight and clean squeezed the rear box connections and low and behold it seems a lot better now cant believe a new one comes with the connecter to open but signal back to about where it was and seems no pixallating :)

Yes dont take much to upset the picture levels etc glad your finally getting somewhere coz i know it can get frustrating when you think you've tried every avenue etc.

Well as said i started at the outside connection and worked in made sure all tight and clean squeezed the rear box connections and low and behold it seems a lot better now cant believe a new one comes with the connecter to open but signal back to about where it was and seems no pixallating :)
I've seen it a few times, that's why I suggested it in #5

Yes thanks for the help still think vm are giving me a few issues so will need them to try ans sort out there end as my wi-fi and hard wire seem to stutter sometimes which don't help

Shame you cant try another e2 box on the set up to once and finally rule out a dodgy tuner etc.
I hate intermittent faults with stuff and can be so frustrating trying to narrow down the cause of the fault etc without spending money on things you might not need etc.

I have 2 tuners installed and it does the same on both the only thing i am not sure about my box has been inside a cupboard for a while which does generate a fair bit of heat as my DVD player is in there as well would there be a chance that the box is getting to hot and would that affect the signal at all thanks

Yeah quiet possibly a dry solder joint on board where tuners are etc hence the intermittent fault.
Would need a test to be 100% sure but im no sparky.
Basically what could be happening is the solder around the joint expands slightly and loses current etc.
I may be way off here but its feesable if you have explored all avenues ie cables and any splitters fitted and router power levels etc.

Also rolled back my image to a previous one and that has worked so i assume my image is out of date for the latest software update so maybe that affected the signal but it seems a lot better and back up to 84% :)

So moved it back out of cupboard and it seems a lot better this morning and have looped through from the first to the second tuner so i have four tuners in total but have noticed the signal gets weaker from tuner 1 to tuner 4 like 90% down to about 20% is this normal thanks

Well virgin came out today so box was put away he said there was a lot of noise on the line so took my splitter of as he thought it was faulty even though it was brand new just goes to prove new not always best he changed it out and now its a lot better no pixilating any more :)

Back