ET8500 QUAD TUNER Faulty ET8500 , what should i replace it with ?

ET8500 came back from a 4 week repair job and is once more faulty.
I want to replace it with something else , what would people suggest ?
Presently a 4 x satellite tuner receiver , BUT , i could happily live with 2 or 3 sat feeds and a dvb-t.

Returned for repair due to built in screen failing and tuner 3 not locking on properly to signals.
came back with lcd displaying inverted picture from startup , after being checked and stated as fixed.
1.boot.jpg 2.osd.jpg 3.overlay.jpg

They are usually good to deal with,i would show them those images that you posted and say you are not a backward person ,how good is/was your feed into 3rd tuner?

I have one which works very well, only problem is the fan is very noisy, anyone else have the same problem?

They are usually good to deal with,i would show them those images that you posted and say you are not a backward person ,how good is/was your feed into 3rd tuner?
Feed worked fine if swapped to another input , it was the tuner.
Upon its return i have not played with the tuners yet beyond record one and watch one , as i don't want to mess about with it , they now want me to send back ( again , another £20.00 ) for them to look at it.

I did send them pictures , that's when they said i need to send back again at my cost , again , so its why i am looking for a replacement , they got a chance to fix it once , and , unless a incorrectly set up screen is an acceptable fix , it isn't sorted , so don't want them fixing again ( and another 28 days without recorder )

This is answer they gave : ''Really don't understand whats going on as it booted correctly when I checked it before shipping.''

So it must have gone wrong in the post ???

First is box still under warranty,and did you try reflashing it again?
unsure what your rights are with as " not as advertised "??

2 year warranty should be still covered.
when you reflashed box you did not do a restore on it,but did from scratch?

Feed worked fine if swapped to another input , it was the tuner.
Upon its return i have not played with the tuners yet beyond record one and watch one , as i don't want to mess about with it , they now want me to send back ( again , another £20.00 ) for them to look at it.

I was about to order one of these, but l will be interested in your box if you want a few quid towards another box.

Quote from supplier :

"Not sure whats happened, we're going to have to return again to Germany tomorrow.

Please accept our most sincere apologies."

Not a happy bunny.

Back