Firestick Speed Issue

Personally bud never trust any speed test app on android devices whether firestick Amiko z8 android TV as always gives iffy speeds.
How many speed tests are you running and never trust any inbuilt speed test apps on smarters

Anatili is main one but downloaded another one from amazon store but can't remember the name and that also is giving sane results with the speed.

Hmmmm strange one tbh, have you got another box you could try to compare bud? I know there's been issues with firesticks, I was watching a video earlier on about it, I'll try and find it

Nah mate stick is only thing. When get chromecast can compare between both also.

Ye been reading and watching some videos and articles but can't seem to find something similar to my problem.

Buffering is supplier related like if hw .player change fixes but if your right then I'd go knock next doors kid of cod lol .cos anything over 100 on vm is shared with next man but that's a big drop n shunt affect how stick works bud unless its low on storage as thr only like 5gb
Could be a good call aswell reset the stick to factory settings and start again with clean install.

Surely the first thing to do is plug a cable into router and laptop to eliminate any issues it could be vermin.

As for codes like mentioned easily dealt with may have to use mxpro you can use any codec you want. It's just down to if the hardware will cope.

Nah not vm. As when happens with speed drastically dropping on firestick, the mobile shows getting full speeds and PC also at that particular time.

Buffering is supplier related like if hw .player change fixes but if your right then I'd go knock next doors kid of cod lol .cos anything over 100 on vm is shared with next man but that's a big drop n shunt affect how stick works bud unless its low on storage as thr only like 5gb

Get bandwidth is shared with people on the street.

But the fire stick speeds are drastically decreasing after a short while but comes back up if I reconnect to network again. Why would that be?

Maybe look in router settings aswel
Websafe and like are off.
@channelking you wired or wireless m8?

Its wireless mate.was thinking off ethernet adapter but seems the 2nd gen and upwards including cube are capped at 100mb when on ethernet due to the hardware it seems.

Try changing your channel in router mate, could be connecting to channel that it doesn't like so dropping your speeds

Ye was set at auto so changes to one automatically but did manually change to ones like 6 and 11 but no difference with the speed issue.

Could be a good call aswell reset the stick to factory settings and start again with clean install.

Have already done that recently mate.

Wifi always first to drop .last 2 come back but I'd get intouch with vm cos I defo wouldn't pay for 200 n get what you're getting

Argh man I'm lost tbh, could be a fault in the firestick is the only other thing I can think of, if you know anyone who has one, get them to test there's or borrow there's and test it on your network, I havent got one otherwise I would send you to test

Possibly do a factory reset of router aswell in process or try with a 3rd party router and vm one in modem mode????

Wifi always first to drop .last 2 come back but I'd get intouch with vm cos I defo wouldn't pay for 200 n get what you're getting

Not so much losing connection but speeds dropping big time.

Strange as its fine as getting nearly full speeds on mobile and even on PC despite issues I have had with PC on WiFi and wired. But firestick completely different.

Mate they don't give a toss about WiFi speeds lol. They have said that in no certain terms that only wired connection speeds is what they will look at. WiFi will be hit and miss and can't do squat according to VM.

Argh man I'm lost tbh, could be a fault in the firestick is the only other thing I can think of, if you know anyone who has one, get them to test there's or borrow there's and test it on your network, I havent got one otherwise I would send you to test

Exactly mate thinking faulty fire stick now unfortunately. Does peeve me off mate but still getting OK speeds so will just deal with it until maybe get chroemcast hopefully and go from there.
Possibly do a factory reset of router aswell in process or try with a 3rd party router and vm one in modem mode????

Don't have 3rd party one mate.

It's not huge issue it's annoying this issue on the fire stick but I don't think it's a router or Vm issue as I'm getting full speeds constantly on mobile and PC. So I'm leaning towards firestick gone bad.

Anyway thanks all you guys for your advice and input greatly appreciated.

Yeah If everything else you use is fine then gotta assume its the firestick mate.

Ye trying other devices for a period of time no issues with the speed like is case with fire stick.

One of those things mate. It always bad luck for me with things when it comes to technology :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know mate your 1st gen firestick has lasted along time. You have had your moneys worth

Back