Firestick Speed Issue

@channelking a little bit more info would be great if you want some help, it seems to be a regular thing mate, you ask for help but don't give no details.

What firestick do you have
Where is your router based
Have you done a reset
Have you tried 2.4 ghz
Is it faltering when using certain applications

If it's just for a bedroom, to watch the odd film or football match, not for main viewing purposes, will the 1st gen not run IPTV?
I've got one somewhere and was going to put a sub on it for my nephew rather than throw it out
It will work mate if they change to hevec it won't work but most of the low end boxes although they say they support it will struggle

It will work mate if they change to hevec it won't work but most of the low end boxes although they say they support it will struggle
Agreed bud lower end android zgemma ect will struggle with new codec which about 40-50% of sources has changed already

Apologies for not replying sooner. Was distracted as was cooking and helping parents.

Yeah CK it might be a good idea to upgrade mate, you have the 1st firestick? If so my advice would be to change it now mate tbh

Nah second gen mate. Was looking at 4k fire stick but I'm getting my mate to sort me chromecast as the line of work he is in he deal with major brands and companies but he's too busy getting things sorted for black Friday so I have to wait.

Very odd though why the speeds just drops big time on the fire stick and then disconnect and connect again and goes up speeds. Even when checking on the mobile speeds shows 200mb on 5ghz. So seems its a fire stick issue but not sure what.

@channelking wat device and app u using ?

2nd gen and for iptv it's branded xciptv and smarters. But iptv seems OK its speed that's iffy as done so many speed tests on anatili but giving mix results.
@channelking a little bit more info would be great if you want some help, it seems to be a regular thing mate, you ask for help but don't give no details.

What firestick do you have
Where is your router based
Have you done a reset
Have you tried 2.4 ghz
Is it faltering when using certain applications

Wasnt intentionally ignoring the thread mate and did state been Multi tasking. Had to have some free time to properly reply to posts made on here that's all.

It's second gen.
Router is by TV.
Yes done a reset a few weeks ago as was having a few other issues.
Yes tried 2ghz and 5ghz networks and that's where after checking the speed it goes to 40-50mb then if I disconnect and reconnect in settings speed goes back to normal. From 200meg it shouldn't just drop down so much randomly after a bit especially with no vpn on.

Will admit where vpn is on I lose more than 75% of speeds using ipvanish which is a separate issue that is bugging me.

Apologies for not replying sooner. Was distracted as was cooking and helping parents.

Nah second gen mate. Was looking at 4k fire stick but I'm getting my mate to sort me chromecast as the line of work he is in he deal with major brands and companies but he's too busy getting things sorted for black Friday so I have to wait.

Very odd though why the speeds just drops big time on the fire stick and then disconnect and connect again and goes up speeds. Even when checking on the mobile speeds shows 200mb on 5ghz. So seems its a fire stick issue but not sure what.

2nd gen and for iptv it's branded xciptv and smarters. But iptv seems OK its speed that's iffy as done so many speed tests on anatili but giving mix results.

Wasnt intentionally ignoring the thread mate and did state been Multi tasking. Had to have some free time to properly reply to posts made on here that's all.

It's second gen.
Router is by TV.
Yes done a reset a few weeks ago as was having a few other issues.
Yes tried 2ghz and 5ghz networks and that's where after checking the speed it goes to 40-50mb then if I disconnect and reconnect in settings speed goes back to normal. From 200meg it shouldn't just drop down so much randomly after a bit especially with no vpn on.

Will admit where vpn is on I lose more than 75% of speeds using ipvanish which is a separate issue that is bugging me.
Personally bud never trust any speed test app on android devices whether firestick Amiko z8 android TV as always gives iffy speeds.
How many speed tests are you running and never trust any inbuilt speed test apps on smarters

what net isp you got + if vpn needed change country cos if its dropping that much country connection is rammed so it will be raping your net to connect

Hmmmm strange one tbh, have you got another box you could try to compare bud? I know there's been issues with firesticks, I was watching a video earlier on about it, I'll try and find it

xc on vlc player ? n hw on smarters ? failing that lad get ur hand in ur pocket n get a better price sub lol

Sub ain't really the issue get some buffering here and there but I ain't too fussed about that.

My issue is why the fire stick drops the speeds so much for no reason and stays like that unless I disconnect and reconnect to the network and goes back to normal.

Surely the first thing to do is plug a cable into router and laptop to eliminate any issues it could be vermin.

As for codes like mentioned easily dealt with may have to use mxpro you can use any codec you want. It's just down to if the hardware will cope.

Sub ain't really the issue get some buffering here and there but I ain't too fussed about that.

My issue is why the fire stick drops the speeds so much for no reason and stays like that unless I disconnect and reconnect to the network and goes back to normal.
Buffering is supplier related like if hw .player change fixes but if your right then I'd go knock next doors kid of cod lol .cos anything over 100 on vm is shared with next man but that's a big drop n shunt affect how stick works bud unless its low on storage as thr only like 5gb

Back