Firestick versus smart tv

frundlemud

I have Samsung smart with smart IPTV app for sport mainly seems good so far. My Neighbour has firestick with Smart IPTV. Anyone here done a comparison to see if there is much difference with speed, picture quality etc between the two.

Could you not ask your neighbour to bring round their Firestick and use it on your TV and see the difference yourself......or just go round to their house and look at the difference?

I put 24hr tests on Neighbours, type 1, firestick about 5 in total finalising on what he needed most. Now he has a very similar setup to my Samsung. I think the firestick is quicker but other than that not a lot to choose. The portability is the main advantage using the stick. I will buy one just for this.

I put 24hr tests on Neighbours, type 1, firestick about 5 in total finalising on what he needed most. Now he has a very similar setup to my Samsung. I think the firestick is quicker but other than that not a lot to choose. The portability is the main advantage using the stick. I will buy one just for this.

I haven't used the Samsung for IPTV personally, but I know people who have and their experiences have varied from running perfectly, to various channels not working, slow responses.......I think a lot depends on the Samsung TV that you are using. I use a Firestick for IPTV running Perfect Player and Kodi and I can't complain, I think it's spot on.

True what you say about portability also, you can just unplug it and take it with you.

Not 100% sure but I think the smart TV's don't have much memory, google suggests clearing the cache regularly in order to keep things running smoothly, the firestick has more memory and is easier to maintain

dt99, it is amazing how things change. I started about 12 years ago with box, dish, motor etc, Now you can put the whole operation into your pocket.
no dish moving, setting up. So so simple and cost effective.
firestick for hols as a Liverpool supporter, sheer perfection as Jeremy Clarkson would say, I try not to miss any matches.
Also I am a bit jealous of my neigbours stick so I have to get one later from Ar#os.
Memory could well be a issue pabloescaban.
thanks for input chaps

dt99, it is amazing how things change. I started about 12 years ago with box, dish, motor etc, Now you can put the whole operation into your pocket.
no dish moving, setting up. So so simple and cost effective.
firestick for hols as a Liverpool supporter, sheer perfection as Jeremy Clarkson would say, I try not to miss any matches.
Also I am a bit jealous of my neigbours stick so I have to get one later from Ar#os.
Memory could well be a issue pabloescaban.
thanks for input chaps

You won't go wrong with a firestick for the cost.

Not 100% sure but I think the smart TV's don't have much memory, google suggests clearing the cache regularly in order to keep things running smoothly, the firestick has more memory and is easier to maintain
iv got Samsung smart tv using smart itv app works brilliant iv seen a few fire sticks with this smart app not as quick as Samsung tv

Back