First gen firestick VPN

I have not used it myself as I dont use a VPN but I hear IPVanish is easy to setup on a firestick & can be switched on/off as & when you need it

Last edited:
No vpn will work on first gen firestick only on second generation or fire tv box I would upgrade your fire stick mate or buy a vpn router cheapist and best way get voice controlled firestick

I use vpn speed on my firestick (1St gen) free. Not the best but works. Bit fiddly to set up as it's a bit fiddly to navigate but it does work

Yes as the post says, bit fiddly but works. I use Canada as my location
Try typing my ip on google from first gen firestick whilst on firestick bet your ip same only voice controlled ones work it will say connected but won't work I've first gen firestick and my vpn express won't work

Any vpn you use won't work unless it's a vpn router a vpn will not work on the 1st Generation Fire TV Stick but will work with all other models (2nd Generation Fire TV, 2nd Generation Fire TV Stick, Fire TV 3).

Unfortunately, the 1st Generation Fire TV Stick does not come with a powerful enough processor to effectively run any type of VPN application.

You will know if you have a 2nd Generation FireStick by looking on the outside of the stick, if the Model Number is LY73PR, it is a 2nd Generation device

Regardless I would upgrade to the 2nd gen they are way faster than 1st gen, just got one on Black Friday definitely worth the upgrade

Back