Fish and Chips

Sales will ring you with prices and delivery dates, the fish comes packed in ice and l cut it to size l want then freeze it. sometimes l have plaice which is frozen and usually have to have 2 goes at it as l don't have a plate big enough for it.:LOL:(y)

Sales will ring you with prices and delivery dates, the fish comes packed in ice and l cut it to size l want then freeze it. sometimes l have plaice which is frozen and usually have to have 2 goes at it as l don't have a plate big enough for it.:LOL:(y)
Cant beat a nice chunk of plaice

It looks so wrong, but 👍
What's your opinion mate.
Surprisingly brilliant, not something I could eat all the time but something to eat on the odd occasion. I did order another portion of chips as it didn't look filling. I only had half of the extra portion of chips as I was stuffed 🤣🤣🤣

Surprisingly brilliant, not something I could eat all the time but something to eat on the odd occasion. I did order another portion of chips as it didn't look filling. I only had half of the extra portion of chips as I was stuffed 🤣🤣🤣
The chip shop we use sells them, but as its gonna be a hot weekend by the coast, to many tourists, will drive through Monday & try that bad boy out. 😁

Bit greedy there mate think 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Haddock dinner night again! comes round quick when can't be bothered doing any thing more time consuming.:ROFLMAO:

Haddock dinner night again! comes round quick when can't be bothered doing any thing more time consuming.:ROFLMAO:

Sounds nice but not sure if could have every day I have major issues with heart burn with fried food.

Grilled fish is lovely but does take a while to cook only downside.

Fish is deep fried in batter or bread crumbs,whatever takes my fancy. We are all different as in, l could eat fish every day if l had to, and or chicken and game birds. l have not eaten red meat other than venison for as long as l can remember, 50 yrs+

A few woody pigeons then :)
On the fried fish thing i sometimes just dip the fish in flour then shallow fry not as bad heartburn than with batter.

Do all you fellas always ask for a lightly battered fish when going into a chippy to ensure you get a freshly cooked fish and not one that's been sat there for 20 minutes, stone cold full of grease or is it just me?

Do all you fellas always ask for a lightly battered fish when going into a chippy to ensure you get a freshly cooked fish and not one that's been sat there for 20 minutes, stone cold full of grease or is it just me?
Just you.

My favorite chippy always fries the fish fresh with pipping hot chips.

Just you.

My favorite chippy always fries the fish fresh with pipping hot chips.
Lucky you. It's awkward when you go into a chippy and they already have fish in the warm compartment, you don't know how long they have been there and in my experience they are cold and soggy.

Back