Flashing to Mutant HD51

Iam trying to overwrite open vix I want open atv 6.4 on it does grog build have open atv build in

Yes, so place a formatted to fat32 usb in the box and initialise it. Connect to the box using either webif or putty> add your ip addy> type in root> then copy and paste the command line from the build
The flash process then asks if you would like openvix or openatv base, you choose openatv and then begin the flash process. Leave the box to flash and it will the rewrite from the usb stick. Once completed you now have 6.4 atv with grogbuild along with all cams up to date

Does the usb need to initialise that's one thing I did not do I don't normally do it to flash a box just fat 32

Does the usb need to initialise that's one thing I did not do I don't normally do it to flash a box just fat 32

Once you flash the box will grogbuild it will then use the usb to finish the flash process. It's very simple just to initialise your usb and then flash the box. Any time I choose to flash with a USB, not that it happens much I will always format the drive, that's certainly the way that I have always done but things may have changed

Thanks pal will give it ago the part about Use the usb to finish off flash process do yu mean I still need to install open atv on the USB stick I have formated it so at the moment it's empty

Thanks pal will give it ago the part about Use the usb to finish off flash process do yu mean I still need to install open atv on the USB stick I have formated it so at the moment it's empty

No I mean just let the box do the fast restore and you'll see this on the screen. Once done grogbuild will boot up and you can add lines etc and all will be good

Back