Ford Fiesta 2008 Rear Wiper Arm

36red

The rear wiper arm on my fiesta wont sit flush on the window and thus when turned on ni part of the blade touches the window, pointless.
Do I need a new/replacement wiper arm or is there a quick fix?
Any advice would be appreciated

Maybe fitting of blade is not correct,recheck fitting as blade is suppose to swivel on arm.
If a refill was fitted it might be too wide and not move in the arms to allow to adjust to curve of screen.

Okay google suggests its the plastic special type on yours and it can only be fitted the correct way.

Ford Fiesta 2008-2017 rear Wiper Arm and blade Direct replacement Quality! | eBay
it may be a generic simple size replacement blade, and not the actual proper curve blade,
I've had that in the past. usually generic blades are ok, but I always use a good quality proper blade on the drivers side.
I never use the rear window, (old fashioned van driver habit) so doesnt bother me, even in the car.

It has to be a specific type as the bar on the plastic blade is thicker and ordinary blade dont fit it.
These new blades mean more stock on the shelf and not only needed but 7 or 8 pain in the butt.

Big sale of wipers motors linkages due to stuck on screen over the weekend.

It has to be a specific type as the bar on the plastic blade is thicker and ordinary blade dont fit it.
These new blades mean more stock on the shelf and not only needed but 7 or 8 pain in the butt.

Big sale of wipers motors linkages due to stuck on screen over the weekend.
not sure where that info is coming from
I'm seeing it as a generic type blade, and either 11" or 12" length will fit,
although it would seem 11" is normal
I'm thinking a cheapo generic blade may not have enough curve on it

Bosch Super Plus Universal Wiper Blade Sp11 | Euro Car Parts

Uh? I'm talking about the rear wiper arm not pressing against the glass, it's got nothing to do with the wiper bade.
I have sprayed some wd40 on the spring but to no effect.

Maybe it does not come to contact with the glass,but does movement lifting up the arm away from screen be loose/free or seized?

Maybe it does not come to contact with the glass,but does movement lifting up the arm away from screen be loose/free or seized?
no mate, the arm lifts up okay as far as I can tell. it appears that the arm itself just gets lifted off the screen for no reason.
must be something to do with how the arm itself is affixed to the window

So arm has good movement as in free and the spring pull it back to the screen as in post 2,if no spring its broken and no force to hold it in place.
The same if you lifted front wiper arm off the screen 6" it wants to go back to its seated position sitting on the screen.
Stick up a photo

Arm is attached by a nut attached to wiper spindle under the cover.

So arm has good movement as in free and the spring pull it back to the screen as in post 2,if no spring its broken and no force to hold it in place.
The same if you lifted front wiper arm off the screen 6" it wants to go back to its seated position sitting on the screen.
Stick up a photo

Arm is attached by a nut attached to wiper spindle under the cover.
Here you go some pictures:

Attachments

• reararm1.jpg
    reararm1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • reararm2.jpg
    reararm2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • reararm3.jpg
    reararm3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
No wonder parts for car supply wrong items as i see its metal.

Check wiper rubber can move in the legs are free if not it lifts like in photo as it cant adjust to angle of screen.

If arm has good pressure i would not need to bend it

Or a new wiper blade if leaving streaks.

The wiper arm will not touch the screen flush. Was wondering if the arm is fully screwed on? someway to get it tighter to the screen.
Am not spending anymore cash on the car now am skint just had a new battery and a coil spring fitted.

If the wiper arm was not fully secured it would flop down below the screen,if arm has good strong movement it goes back to screen,recheck wiper blade as it is stopping the end pivot from moving on the arm or the metal bars on wiper rubber have been bent.

just been to tesco for some supplies checked the wiper and it doesn't spring back to the screen when lifted so must be a spring fault?
oh well its not used much

Spring is still there put newspaper under the arm and spray wd40 on the hinged part as can partially seize lift up and down for a few minutes will help it release and go back on screen correctly.

Spring is still there put newspaper under the arm and spray wd40 on the hinged part as can partially seize lift up and down for a few minutes will help it release and go back on screen correctly.
Thats what the man from the car parts shop did when I first noticed it. Think it needs a replacement really which in reality means its staying as is lol

But did he move it up and down many times for it to loosen as done loads of them and you see the rust moving as its getting freer .

Worst thing to happen is you reverse into something as not seeing it! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :rage:

Back