Formuler One (sorry bad pun)

thebesh

TK Supporter
(Apologies for bad pun in title)
A few weeks ago I went and bought a Shield and wasn't really impressed with it. Didn't think it was great value at £189 for what you got. Yesterday I bought a Formuler Z11 Pro Max after looking at various YouTube videos on it. Arrived today and I must say THIS is what I was looking for.
  • Box was £45 cheaper than Shield
  • Seems to be regular updated and supported by manufacturer
  • No advertisements, banners or bloat by default (ONLY app I need to remove was ExpressVPN)
  • Remote is SO impressive, good feel and can "learn" signals from other remotes
  • I have an LG TV and I was very happy when I realised the Formuler box supports this remote directly (albeit a slight bit of lag with button presses)
This is the experience I was looking for with IPTV and streaming box. If anyone is looking for a new streaming box I highly recommend. They are the Formuler One of Android Streaming boxes (IMO anyway)

(Apologies for bad pun in title)
A few weeks ago I went and bought a Shield and wasn't really impressed with it. Didn't think it was great value at £189 for what you got. Yesterday I bought a Formuler Z11 Pro Max after looking at various YouTube videos on it. Arrived today and I must say THIS is what I was looking for.
  • Box was £45 cheaper than Shield
  • Seems to be regular updated and supported by manufacturer
  • No advertisements, banners or bloat by default (ONLY app I need to remove was ExpressVPN)
  • Remote is SO impressive, good feel and can "learn" signals from other remotes
  • I have an LG TV and I was very happy when I realised the Formuler box supports this remote directly (albeit a slight bit of lag with button presses)
This is the experience I was looking for with IPTV and streaming box. If anyone is looking for a new streaming box I highly recommend. They are the Formuler One of Android Streaming boxes (IMO anyway)
Yup I gave my shield to kids for gaming and went and bought a formuler cc box hardly any updates to it.
The z11 range have bounced formuler back for sure with mol 3 and as you say the remote is easy to use I would recommend not plugging in the ir receiver lead as it’s pants lol.
You’ve made a good choice as you’ve pointed out there’s regular updates for it are you on the formuler update group on telegram as that’s handy as tells you bug fixes etc and they have giveaways

I agree with the OP.

Formuler or BuzzTV boxes are the dogs dangles for IPTV.

My Sheild keeps the grandkids quite when they show up (y)
Which one come out on top ferret ? A member i know is looking for a new box both the ones you mention are in the frame.

The buzz and formuler are pretty similar think what would draw to buzz more is Bluetooth remote and backlit remote.
Formuler just bring the z11 bt out now
The recording feature on the buzz devices seem to be popular bazz. The amiko is good for recording to.

Which one come out on top ferret ? A member i know is looking for a new box both the ones you mention are in the frame.
I dont have the z11 had a 10 but moved that on the buzz box i have is mid range these days XRS 4500 so i can not compare with the 11 .

The remotes on the buzztv range are bloody awesome mate, just adds to the experience.

I had problems doing recordings with the Z11, my old Z8 never failed. Sent the Z11 back and carried on with the Z8. Don't know if the Z11 was faulty or something..

Yup I gave my shield to kids for gaming and went and bought a formuler cc box hardly any updates to it.
The z11 range have bounced formuler back for sure with mol 3 and as you say the remote is easy to use I would recommend not plugging in the ir receiver lead as it’s pants lol.
You’ve made a good choice as you’ve pointed out there’s regular updates for it are you on the formuler update group on telegram as that’s handy as tells you bug fixes etc and they have giveaways
What’s the Telegram group Baz?
I have an Amiko A6 but looking for another box

What are these formuler boxes like for installing third party apps...such as Fubo, DAZN, Peacock, Sling etc...oh and Vpns??

Back