Formuler One (sorry bad pun)

(Apologies for bad pun in title)
A few weeks ago I went and bought a Shield and wasn't really impressed with it. Didn't think it was great value at £189 for what you got. Yesterday I bought a Formuler Z11 Pro Max after looking at various YouTube videos on it. Arrived today and I must say THIS is what I was looking for.
  • Box was £45 cheaper than Shield
  • Seems to be regular updated and supported by manufacturer
  • No advertisements, banners or bloat by default (ONLY app I need to remove was ExpressVPN)
  • Remote is SO impressive, good feel and can "learn" signals from other remotes
  • I have an LG TV and I was very happy when I realised the Formuler box supports this remote directly (albeit a slight bit of lag with button presses)
This is the experience I was looking for with IPTV and streaming box. If anyone is looking for a new streaming box I highly recommend. They are the Formuler One of Android Streaming boxes (IMO anyway)
They are good boxes. Just would never go back to mobile android plus after having sheild so long don't like bulky tv remotes

They are good boxes. Just would never go back to mobile android plus after having sheild so long don't like bulky tv remotes
Mobile android?? ...and am seeing no netflix 4k...not for me ...IPTV only then yes...like to tinker and use apps and get full android tv then shield all day long ...Best of both worlds...I don't think we can compare the two devices really...all depends on what end users needs are.

Mobile android?? ...and am seeing no netflix 4k...not for me ...IPTV only then yes...like to tinker and use apps and get full android tv then shield all day long ...Best of both worlds...I don't think we can compare the two devices really...all depends on what end users needs

Agreed. Mine is used for a bit of evreything really. TV, Music,apps and games.

People moan about the advertising but dosent get in the way really.

Like you say down to end user.

They do, some apps you need to have the mouse cursor for but they work. Such as ipvanish etc
When I had a Z7 for a couple of weeks!
My hooky Netflix would only show at 480!
That's why I got rid as the only apps I could get to work properly were mobile.
Long live the Shield

I will say that I only use the Formuler box for IPTV. I have an LG TV and it has it's own Netflix, YouTube and Plex apps, which display menu in 4k and look amazing. Shield Netflix app menu was 1080 when I tested, but would play 4k content.
I LOVE having one remote for everything now, not even my Virgin box would allow me to do this. It broke after they updated firmware about a year ago.

When I had a Z7 for a couple of weeks!
My hooky Netflix would only show at 480!
That's why I got rid as the only apps I could get to work properly were mobile.
Long live the Shield
You are talking 4 generations of boxes ago 🤣
It's an iptv dedicated box that just so happens to run android,so I don't expect it to be the best android box for that, the same way I don't expect a firestick to be the best iptv experience
There's trade offs with every device.

You are talking 4 generations of boxes ago 🤣
It's an iptv dedicated box that just so happens to run android,so I don't expect it to be the best android box for that, the same way I don't expect a firestick to be the best iptv experience
There's trade offs with every device.
Agree 4 generations of shield and still updates, when my TV online 4 comes in with Formuler you will need a new box.
But like you said a good IPTV stand alone box

I will say that I only use the Formuler box for IPTV. I have an LG TV and it has it's own Netflix, YouTube and Plex apps, which display menu in 4k and look amazing. Shield Netflix app menu was 1080 when I tested, but would play 4k content.
I LOVE having one remote for everything now, not even my Virgin box would allow me to do this. It broke after they updated firmware about a year ago.
You can do that with most boxes. Run device and tv with one control.

Back